Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Hawk 4

Theres some draw distance option or a fog option that needs to be turned on (so draw distance is limited). Fps are clean and nice once i did that.

2. Games   -   #12
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    wat vd card do u have? i play it without fog and it runs like a breeze

3. Games   -   #13
    Geforce 4 mx 440 64mb, but im running a 1ghz processor, so meh I get around 50 fps+ with fog, but without it im running around 15fps, some people can stand it, but i cant.

4. Games   -   #14
    i know it was a long time but if i disabled my soundcard it works , bloody hell, so i need to get new drivers for my creative card hope this helps anyone else

5. Games   -   #15

6. Games   -   #16
    from ign's review:

"You could take a screenshot of Hawk 4, place it next to one from Hawk 3, and think that the game hadn't changed much visually. For the most part you'd be right. The character models are a little more refined the textures are a bit improved overall, but there are no major differences. The only real problem graphically is keeping a solid frame rate. We reviewed the game on a 3.2GHz machine with a 5900 Ultra and it still stuttered frequently. Turning off the anti-aliasing and enabling environment fog got things moving more smoothly, but it still slowed down during several scenes - at 1024 x 768 no less. During action in an especially large environment, e.g. the roof of a building on the College level, the frame rates suffered noticeably. This is simply unacceptable. Incidentally, several of the challenges are very difficult with the fog turned on. For example, you will have a hard time finding the "A" in S-K-A-T-E if it's obscured by mist."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/436/436129p2.htm

7. Games   -   #17
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    th4 is completely different from th3. the total environment is different and better in my opinion.
    i havent read the whole thread just this page, correct me if wrong

8. Games   -   #18
    i think what that review is saying, is that the quality of the graphics hasn't changed much, but the minor improvements combined with the much larger levels causes the game to slow down on even the best modern PCs. so it will be a while before people own computers that are fast enough to run the game smoothly with all of the settings cranked up.

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    It runs fine on my pc and its not the best or most modern Pc.

10. Games   -   #20
    PAiNKiLLER
    Heyy thakns for that system requirements... I tink I cant buy this game now...

Image Resized

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12