Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby question

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vrie View Post
    ok, I breast fed both of my children until 2 yrs. in the beginning it was hard to find a good schedule but after a few weeks it does get better then they change again and again.. They fed for comfort and because they were hungry.
    Both ate at different times and speeds but your body will fill your child's demands if you are willing to fed at all hours.. He will be much healthier if you can stick to your guns and breast feed... formula causes more of a tummy ache then breast milk. If you want more help staying on track with breast feeding I am a part of the la leche league please let me know... oh & if you need to feed him something solid try taking a banana and smash it with a spoon until it is smooth and creamy them add a bit of breast milk and try it.. it worked for my youngest and made her so happy... : } for teething their is a tablet that you can use from heath food stores or old trick freeze a wet wash cloth and let them naw away.... hope this helps some..
    First post, in the Lounge, of a filesharing forum, about breast feeding, weaning and teething, discussing your two children who you breast fed until they were 2, and you've already got an avatar.

I think you might not be totally new here, am I right.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

Another quality post from a quality member. You're an asset to the place
    Your an arsehole, so that balances it out.
    You just broke the truce you know?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Your an arsehole, so that balances it out.
    You just broke the truce you know?
    Nope, like you always say what happens there happens there. Nothing to do with here.

Your rules, not mine.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    So was I under the wrong impression that the truce was only valid in there?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Stop arguing in my baby thread!

I tried mixing in the breastmilk with the banana, he loved it!

Carrots tomorrow.
    Last edited by Skweeky; 02-22-2009 at 11:32 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    ..if you do try solids Skweeky,be sure that the food is without salt! If I were you..and that would be extremely difficult ,...jusrt carry on with breast feeding thats best
    Last edited by Imagine_If; 02-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Stop arguing in my baby thread!

I tried mixing in the breastmilk with the banana, he loved it!

Carrots tomorrow.
    No-one's arguing, pal.

We liked giving them puréed avocado.

A great deal of people are aware that the Avocado is creamy, rich and delicious in guacamole or added to a salad, but did you know, it is also packed with nutrients and offer many health benefits?

They are known to contain a lot of fat, however, it is the “good” fat- monounsaturated fat, the kind that helps promote a healthy heart. This little fruit contains potassium, vitamin E, folic acid, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, copper, magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin C and fiber. It contains 60% more potassium than the amount found in bananas.

Avocados also contain oleic acid, glutathione, an antioxidant with anti-carcinogenic potential and a significant amount of a cholesterol-lowering phytosterol called beta-sitosterol. Oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat, may help to lower cholesterol and has recently been shown to offer significant protection against breast cancer.
    http://www.organicauthority.com/blog...little-wonder/

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Avocado on Wednesday!

9. Lounge   -   #39
    When they got older I used to make their dinners then freeze them. Pot of for example potatoes, parsnip,carrots, mince something like that. Purée it all up to fuck then in bags and frozen. Take the bag out of a morning and it was ready for teatime. That way we new exactly what we were giving them and that there were no hidden extras.

As they got older I simply puréed it up less and less and gradually weaned them onto more solid food.

And also

http://www.answerbag.com/articles/Ho...7-f861b59d17eb

10. Lounge   -   #40
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Buy a gas mask you'll need it , I can remember my lil one was allergic to breast milk and tried the soy milk . Toxic diapers like you won't believe . All my kids ate solid foods early , 5 months I think tho .

All babies are different , throw the book away .

I just asked my wife , she used pablum in their bottle at 4 months to help them sleep . You have to enlarge the nipple first . The bottle guy's, not Skweeky's .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-22-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast