Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cd Images (.bin .iso ,etc) & The Software You Need

nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Can you please tell me where i can download this software, and also secondly i am download Soldier of Fortune on bittorent, and it has an extension of .IMG will this also work the same way as .bin .cue .iso , etc. ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by nostalgia@23 November 2003 - 04:25
    http://www.alcohol-software.com/
    Formula1, u can get it from the website above, but....it's just demo, the company did not release full version to any major download sites out there (correct me if i'm wrong )

if u want this program, u'll have to go through other means, like file sharing for instance

i dunno whether it can handle .img or not, but u can find out if u have the program, go through this url:
    http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=89445
    ....to get to that dialog box, just click the menu File->Open

once it is in the entry (the main window), right-click ur .img entry...select Mount on Device.

this is how i know that Alcohol 120% supports bin file even without the cue file (thx goes to TheFilePirater ). if u don't see any response after the following those steps, open My Computer double click the virtual cd-rom. if u still don't see any response, just post ur reply...mebe someone else can help you

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Jedz
    okay so i have cricket 04 a PC game. I cant run it at the moment as the '.bin' and '.cue' arent understood by my PC.

So im saying if i used alchol to burn a image of this and burn it onto CD, when i put the CD in will it run the game?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    If 120% accepts is, then Im guessing you will have no problems.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Jedz@13 January 2004 - 03:07
    okay so i have cricket 04 a PC game. I cant run it at the moment as the '.bin' and '.cue' arent understood by my PC.

So im saying if i used alchol to burn a image of this and burn it onto CD, when i put the CD in will it run the game?
    yeah, of coz
    in fact, u can even run them straight from the hard disk without burning if u use alcohol 120% or other virtual image maker.

gildan2020

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    One minor thing was left out. For the noobs, if you have the game on disc and you need to run it from the cdrom and want to put it on the virtual cdrom, you have to:

1-Use the Alchohol 120% Copy Wizard to copy it to the hard drive. I make it an .ISO, but it prob don't matter.(I copy'em to my shared folder for Kazaa K++ heheheee)

2-Go to the virtual drive, right click and choose 'mount image'. If the image isn't in the drop down box, choose 'open' and browse to the folder you put the image in and click on it.

You are now ready to play. Examples of these types of games are Lords of the Realm 2 andStarCraft. You need the CD in the drive to play the game. The virtual drive will be faster than the cdrom.

Hope this helps someone. It took me a minute to figure it out.

Note: On some games you may have to install from the virtual cdrom. Lords 2 doesn't provide a browse feature, for example. It looks to the install cdrom. Since my cdrom died I have to us my cdr-w drive. You'll have to remount the image to play, but that'sonly a few seconds work and it beats hacking the registry!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    one major thing left out, since a lot of ppl have been wondering how to fit a cd image like .mdf, .bin, .iso and so on that is way too big for a 700mb...i'm gonna make some clarification

the reason those files are bigger than 700mb is because those are just overhead information, they will not be included inside the cd once u burn them

so, the cd image should burn just right on ur 700mb cd-r

and one more thing, follow the instructions here carefully before u burn an image, u dun burn it the usual way u burn all ur other stuff

the information above only applies if the image is reli an image out of a cd

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by balamm@25 July 2003 - 06:18
    For help using Nero to burn .img .bin .iso .nrg

BIN/CUE image format is quite common on the Internet. It might seem that finding an

appropriate software for burning these images is quite hard. Luckily, it's not. In addition

to Golden Hawk CDRWin, the original software for BIN/CUE format, you can also use Nero

Burning Rom to burn the images.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Nero (at least 5.5.8.2) before

proceeding.

Verify the CUE-sheet and open it with Nero
    Before doing anything else you have to verify that the path in the CUE-sheet is correct. A

CUE-sheet is a plaintext file describing the structure and the location of the BIN-file.

You can open up the .CUE -file using, for example, Notepad.

The file should look something like this:

FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Usually the CUE-filename and the BIN-filename have the same body -- e.g. IMAGE. All you

need to do is verify that there is no path information on the
    FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
    -line. Ie. it should not read e.g.
    FILE "C:\TEMP\IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
    If there is any path information on the line, just remove it so that you have just the name

of the .BIN-file as in the example above. Also make sure that the name of the .BIN in the

CUE-sheet is the same as the actual .BIN file you have on hard-disk.

Next load Nero Burning Rom and choose File, Burn Image....

Load the CUE-sheet in Nero
    Choose the Files of Type: dropdown menu and select All Files *.*. Next just locate the

.CUE file, select it and click Open. Make sure you select the .CUE -file, not the .BIN

-file.

Burn the image
    All you have to do then is choose the writing speed, select the Disc-At-Once Write Method,

and click Write.

That's it! After a couple of minutes you'll have a CD with the BIN/CUE Image written on it.

Notice! Nero is not capable of handling all kinds of BIN/CUE Images. If you have problems

using Nero for your image file, you should take a look at CDRWin instead.
    [/quote]
    This has been really helpful but the bit i have pulled out needs to be changed as the new (nero 6) edition is slightly different

Next load Nero Burning Rom and choose File, Burn Image....
    It should read load Nero Burning Rom and choose Recorder, then Burn Image...

Apart from that, this has been one of the most simply and easy guides to follow. Thanks
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    post deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12