Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Help, Please...

Poster
    It wasn't a bad install. He replaced the motherboard which had a different chipset than the original. When that is the case, it's normal that you would need to reinstall the OS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@19 September 2003 - 20:42
    meh, guess it was just a bad XP install.

*shrugs.

happens.
    it couldn't have been a bad install cos he had the same install for a number of months...i think somebody1234 is right though
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Actually, there are often ways of getting round this problem, as long as old and new boards have fully compliant acpi support, but by the time I saw the thread you said he had reformatted his pc, so there&#39;s not much point in going through it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+19 September 2003 - 16:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 19 September 2003 - 16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@19 September 2003 - 20:42
    meh, guess it was just a bad XP install.

*shrugs.

happens.
    it couldn&#39;t have been a bad install cos he had the same install for a number of months...i think somebody1234 is right though [/b][/quote]
    OH&#33;

Ahh, i see now, it wasnt a fresh install.

Well then, no worries, I made that same assumtpion about not having to reinstall windows, when I upgrade my comp for the first time. Bought a new motherboard, new processor, new Ram, and yup, didnt work for same reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12