Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soul Seek User's

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, that general search is bad ass. Sometimes on a big artist(like Bob Marley) it will take several minutes to bring all the files up.

I just hope your speed increases. I do have to mention that it depends on the person you're leeching from. A few times I've gotten up to 120kb/s(my highest speed I've gotten from Slsk yet) all through the album. But then the next person I'll get 10kb/s. So with any p2p it depends on the persons up speed and how many people he's uploading to when you start downloading.

Make sure to open a port though. And also make sure to set your share folder. There's a good tutorial stickied if you need any other type of help.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    xa1ups's Avatar Popster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Just use the main search function. That will scan everyone's files at once. Much easier than going room to room looking at people's files.
    No it wont Unless you are "privileged" (donated a few). Then general search works levels better. The best way to find what you want is to go into specialized rooms after refreshing the rooms list. Then right click in the rooms chat space and "search room for files" Also it helps to save users with files that interest you in your "user list" so after some time you don't even need to go to any rooms you just search your user list for files.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by xa1ups View Post
    The best way to find what you want is to go into specialized rooms after refreshing the rooms list. Then right click in the rooms chat space and "search room for files" Also it helps to save users with files that interest you in your "user list" so after some time you don't even need to go to any rooms you just search your user list for files.
    except that users from "specialized rooms" with big amount of files are generally "userlist only" (they only share files with their buddy list). that means you'll have to get to know them first before being able to browse their files.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    xa1ups's Avatar Popster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    True tho it works this way almost everywhere in the internets It helps if you share some nice stuff too.
    There is also another feature for finding users with files that interest you: "Things I like". You just add artists name there and then right click "get recommendations for item". Returns a list with similar artists and a list with users sharing all that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12