Thread: Why? Extremely Slow Dl When Bw Is Good?

I have tried to download a new french CD. The artists name is "Julien Clerc" and the CD title is "Studio".
    Appearently trhis is a VERY popular CD and the bandwidth on Kazaalite wasvery good. On most tracks I found 10+ users on each track.

STILL - I'm only able to dowload with spees like 0,01k and a 3 mb file taking days to DL.

I only experience this problem in this particular problem (others from the same artist DLs ok).

Can someone else please try and tell me what is going on?

Is this some kind of clever new "copy protection" from the record companies?

HELP!

SyrinxGC

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    downloading all depends on other uploading. if lots of people r uploading from your source u will get crappy d/l. nothin u can do bout it

3. Music   -   #3
    NO - that's not the correct answer in this situation.

I have DL'ed hundreds of gigabytes from Kazaa lite over the last few years. I've buildt an incredible music collection - and I've NEVER experienced anything like this before.

Slow DL-speed is ususally cause by low bandwidht - and as I wrote - the bandwidth is exellent. Besides when you find maybe 15 different copies of a song - all with good bandwidth it should be impossible to get so low DL speed.

This must be something more serious!

Could it be record companies making the files available from their own servers in lots and lots of copies - but with a extremely low DL-speed (although the bandwitdh seems to be good?)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

SyrinxGC

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by SyrinxGC@23 September 2003 - 16:58

I have DL'ed hundreds of gigabytes from Kazaa lite over the last few years. I've buildt an incredible music collection - and I've NEVER experienced anything like this before.

Slow DL-speed is ususally cause by low bandwidht - and as I wrote - the bandwidth is exellent. Besides when you find maybe 15 different copies of a song - all with good bandwidth it should be impossible to get so low DL speed.

This must be something more serious!

Could it be record companies making the files available from their own servers in lots and lots of copies - but with a extremely low DL-speed (although the bandwitdh seems to be good?)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

SyrinxGC
    why would they be wanting to do this ?
    Open your mind

5. Music   -   #5
    Not sure - maybe to make us believe Kazaa and P2P is crap - and you should rather buy the CD !?!?!

SyrinxGC

6. Music   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i doubt it, it sounds like your getting lots of sources but then again you will not be able to conect to all of them. i never pay any attention to the bandwidth figures as they are normally wrong.

just leave it going or pick another file.

7. Music   -   #7
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    this belongs in file sharing. there are hundreds of posts just like this there.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.