Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riaa Persecution Issues

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Is it inbuilt into kazaa lite k++?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Yes i is now, i believe its default setting is on , its in the k-lite options within the program

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by Paul@21 September 2003 - 07:07
    They search for stuff and then they do 'a search more from same user' to see how many copyrighted files people share.

Kazaa Lite K++ prevents that, so no worries.
    not always that simple (in the verizon riaa 2002 court case they used both the manual and crawler/bot based methods- which is one of the reasons why the privacy patch is great but not foolproof not that anything is lol (since the riaa claims they only go after "hard core" sharers you could make the argument that if the riaa doesn't know how many files you're sharing then you're not much of a target for them- but definitely on the mpaa side of things you can be tracked even using the privacy patch (disclaimer- mpaa isn't suing file sharers- most peeps are just getting isp warnings and not much more unless you don't respond to requested emails)

just a clarification on specifics

summary guide of anti file sharing groups
    http://www.peerguardian.net/forums/i...?showtopic=114

(check baytsp and other groups that use crawlers/bots)

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Jesus christ, that is a lot of information in that link. Anyway, thanks for helping me out.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    yeah there's a lotta stuff in there- mostly to help out ppl tracking anti p2p groups for the peerguardian database

if anyone has anything to add to the anti file sharing group guide or the guide to submitting ranges we (peerguardian forum) would appreciate any help

ddd

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    Originally posted by imation+22 September 2003 - 13:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (imation @ 22 September 2003 - 13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@22 September 2003 - 04:34

if they have the privacy patch on it will not work boss
    How you know if you have that patch? if you don&#39;t have it, where can you get it from? [/b][/quote]
    download and install the latest klite it is in your options>klite options>K++> here look for user can&#39;t see your files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12