Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What.cd Help

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    There are some freeleeches (sometimes sitewide, other times staff picks).
    Other than that, you can upload your stuff as suggested.

Oh, and the first 5 downloaded gigs you aren't on ratio watch, which basically means it doesn't matter what your ratio is.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    patience and seeding will always win..

be the turtle.. slow and steady wins the race..

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's not hard to maintain a ratio at what. You just have to have a good plan. Best trick in the beginning is to download parts from popular torrents. Sort all torrents by leechers. And see which torrent has the most leechers and at the same time the fewest seeders. Those are pure gold seeding.

If you are lucky you are one of those first to download staff picks. They are freeleech so download them all as soon as possible and then just seed.

Best thing to do tho is to never delete any torrent from your client. Keep them seeded as long as possible.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Agree with the two posts of above me. The other thing I would add is that rarely does anyone mention the non-music aspect of the site when it comes to seeding on what, especially ebooks and comics.

The weekly DCP/Minuteman comics packs get the most consistent (notice I didn't say most overall) hits week-to-week. If you have comic sources and can help seed these packs or upload your own comics, then you can do fairly well for yourself. I'm a power user (and a comics enthusiast) myself, and I've never uploaded a single music torrent, and I don't have a seedbox either.

E-books and magazines in particular aren't fully represented on the site, so that may be another category you may want to consider.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    they are many ppl on whatcd who have really slow broadband and you can see that when there's a FL as many uploaders during FL coulnt even manage to finish uploading a couple of gigs within the first 6 hours.
    let's hope there's a FL at Easters since the last one they had was xmas. and remember, dont ask about FL on what forum or you'll get warned.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I think crimsoncrow's advice was the best. At least, this is the method that I've been using since OiNK. Comics are the way to go to gain upload. The weekly dcp and minutemen packs are gold. I usually will download the whole pack(they're always under 1gb, so it's not a big hit to your download) and seed to everyone for a few weeks.

Also, jump on any newly upped comics that look like they'll get a lot of snatches. And lastly, go to other big trackers and browse their comics section. And upload to What any comics that aren't there. You'll be helping others with great comics and also helping yourself with upload.

I guess I basically just repeated what crimsoncow typed, but this method I can't stress enough. I've gained around 50gb upload in the last couple weeks on just comics alone. And I consider that a lot for a tracker like What.

Oh by the way, some music artists that I've seen that gets ton of snatches are Phish, Depeche Mode, and RadioHead(there are many others that I'm just forgetting right now). So if you're ever on the site when an album of one of these artists has been just uploaded then jump on them. Except for the Soundboards. Those don't seem to get snatched very well.

*Sigh* I wish What/Waffles were as ratio friendly as the lossless trackers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    There is plenty of ways to have a good ratio on what.cd. Like people said u should try upload cds that u have that are not there yet regardless of how embarrassed u r 2 upload some of them.

Then u should download all the freeleach shit, but there are enough seeders on them so u probably wont get much from them, but its worth a shot since they r freeleach.

Also u have 2 be prepared to download anything regardless if u like it or not and never plan to listen to it just try jump on anything that u think is going to be hot as soon as possible.

U dont have to have the fastest speeds to survive there, but u need to be a little smart about things.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 03-29-2009 at 11:45 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    does anyone know the what cd irc is ? or is there a certain way i can find out why i was randomly baned from the site

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    There's no easy way to build ratio on what.cd
    I disagree 100% this site is incredibly easy to build a good ratio and takes very little work. (depends on your definition of work, I don't consider contributing your own content to be work, I consider it part of the whole community thing... that's what it is after all right?)

http://xs.vc/eac/

Follow this guide, rip your own flac, get dbPowerAmp and transcode to V0 atleast, if you got HDD space do V2 as well. Upload, done.

Seriously the best way to go forward on the site is by uploading and it doesn't take a genius to follow the setup guide & rip a quality album.
    Last edited by Six66Mike; 03-30-2009 at 03:40 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I think crimsoncrow's advice was the best. At least, this is the method that I've been using since OiNK. Comics are the way to go to gain upload. The weekly dcp and minutemen packs are gold. I usually will download the whole pack(they're always under 1gb, so it's not a big hit to your download) and seed to everyone for a few weeks.

Also, jump on any newly upped comics that look like they'll get a lot of snatches. And lastly, go to other big trackers and browse their comics section. And upload to What any comics that aren't there. You'll be helping others with great comics and also helping yourself with upload.
    Well Funkin, the comics method is also not a bad idea.

But yet again, he does not have a seedbox and AFAIK a big amount of peers are seedboxers who RSS them so they'd turn seeders in a small time.

He's really limited with a slow connection.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast