Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you respect the scene?

Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    It's there, it's not going anywhere any time soon, deal with it, recognise it for what it is and respect it.
    What leads to the unanswered question..... Why?
    Why does anybody do anything?

Respect, gratification, reward, y'know, the usual pursuits of ordinary individuals.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    What I find amusing is people thinking of "the scene" as some kind of single entity or place.
    I think the people who've been here long enough know that it's not just a single entity or place

I was referring to the members who 'rush' releases. I also believe the scene standards need to be updated for FLAC

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    There are in fact rules for FLAC.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiancE View Post
    There are in fact rules for FLAC.
    Scene standards? Where?

5. BitTorrent   -   #55

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have mixed views about the scene.

If you have the contacts, or just work in a warehouse which stocks the media, then nearly everyone can release what the scene releases, albeit, probably a bit later. but then you have PC games that need cracking, now i am pretty sure that if the scene did not do this for us, we would have some bright sparks in the P2P community that would/could do this.

But on the other hand, just look at Oink, Pre Release music uploaded to oink by normal members, Uploaders get arrested, Oink Goes down, Owner gets arrested.

But yet trackers have countless numbers of Scene release pre-released material, and nothing much happens, because they tend to go for the scene that release it, rather than 1000 trackers that have it.

So yes they do put their ass on the line, but this dont spread our stuff onto P2P is bollocks, its the scene thats leaking it in the first place, if they did not, then we could not get it, its pretty much that simple, so if they dont like it, then instead of going after trackers that do 0 day stuff, take down the sceners that are releasing it to the trackers (probably for cash, but dont hold me to that. as i cant say 100% if it is or not.)
    Last edited by stoi; 04-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i respect their work but not their egoistic way of sharing.
    they'd like to share only with their privileged circle of nerds while millions internets users have a hard time to find films & music.
    no seriously, if they don't want to risk their ass, they just have to stop ripping and spreading their releases, end of the story.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

What leads to the unanswered question..... Why?
    Why does anybody do anything?

Respect, gratification, reward, y'know, the usual pursuits of ordinary individuals.
    Not why do they do it ?Why should I respect them for thievery?
    By that twisted logic I should respect anyone that breaks the law as well. . because I'm sure that they do it with just as much altruism as is involved with the scene.

And the bit about for respecting for the inherent risk:poppycock, see above.

Have the OP change the wording to appreciate instead of respect and I might agree though.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiancE View Post

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Yes, I do respect the scene.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast