Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OVH Speed Caps (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by top View Post
    it cap me today i can't download anything fcuk

they stop me download by [F]Error: ??

beware from kimsufi [ OVH ]
    Sounds more like something else being erratic than being capped. Dunno if you're just here to rant or did proper research on your problem but even when capped, you will still have some bandwidth to download/upload on any protocol.

So if you really can't do anything at this moment, it's unlikely because of being capped/

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    lol thats just an utorrent error in the webui

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Seedbox Provider
    I've had an SP Storage on Low Priority OVH-Internet for well over a month. Even 2 days of downtime didn't get it back on track. I'm dumping it this week.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

hahaha what a noob

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    I've had an SP Storage on Low Priority OVH-Internet for well over a month. Even 2 days of downtime didn't get it back on track. I'm dumping it this week.
    I like it when people write crap like that

Quote Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
    I believe if you use more than 95% of your 100mb connection for a few days, they'll cap your speed to 10 to 20mbits (1 - 2mbytes).
    next

But it was better then anything else
    Last edited by dance4; 04-22-2009 at 06:50 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dance4 View Post
    I like it when people write crap like that / next / But it was better then anything else
    Wow, you must be really happy to have had your last day of elementary school today and can start posting in a more decent manner than the sentences above or some other things you've managed to post on these forums.

Apparently your experience with OVH is much better or much worse; don't know exactly if you're even able to rent a server from your allowance or that you need a parent to sign for it but it would be very helpful for others (either current members or future members of these forums), if a topic on speed-capping would actually inform them instead having to read your gibberish and ranting.

Back on-topic: just spoke to my previous seedbox-host and he said he hasn't gotten a single server capped since he started renting/reselling @ OVH about 11 months ago while the average traffic per server (and he has 21 machines at this moment) per month is around 14TB.

I think, with OVH expanding their infrastructure, capping might not happen at all in the (near) future but if someone has a very clear example why his/her server got cut short, please let us know.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 04-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    I like it when people write crap like that / next / But it was better then anything else
    Wow, you must be really happy to have had your last day of elementary school today and can start posting in a more decent manner than the sentences above or some other things you've managed to post on these forums.

Apparently your experience with OVH is much better or much worse; don't know exactly if you're even able to rent a server from your allowance or that you need a parent to sign for it but it would be very helpful for others (either current members or future members of these forums), if a topic on speed-capping would actually inform them instead having to read your gibberish and ranting.

Back on-topic: just spoke to my previous seedbox-host and he said he hasn't gotten a single server capped since he started renting/reselling @ OVH about 11 months ago while the average traffic per server (and he has 21 machines at this moment) per month is around 14TB.

I think, with OVH expanding their infrastructure, capping might not happen at all in the (near) future but if someone has a very clear example why his/her server got cut short, please let us know.
    Heh .. recently I have visited this forum just to have some fun cause the things people write here are just amazing....

SP storage no-sla ? they don't have anything like that It's premium bw ...

next ...

problem with uT and he writes that they capp him

If you knew as much as i do about OVH / seedboxes you would lought too

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Yes dance4, it's amazing what some people write. We're all loughting...

you would lought too
    BTW

What are the capped speeds? I'm ordering through a reseller, so it looks like the standard SLA is structured on a sliding scale based on the number of servers the reseller has? Should I expect 10Mb if it gets capped?

http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/#network

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    No doubt you're the man and we could all lought with you if you were to post your experiences with OVH instead...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Seedbox Provider
    Heh .. recently I have visited this forum just to have some fun cause the things people write here are just amazing....

SP storage no-sla ? they don't have anything like that It's premium bw ...

next ...

problem with uT and he writes that they capp him

Really, the Premium bandwidth has guaranteed/SLA bandwidth? No, it doesn't...

Bandwidth is NOT guaranteed at PEAK times over TRANSIT
    Bandwidth is guaranteed over PEERING at all times at 100Mbps
    Nor was I compensated for over a week downtime, strange eh?

..next. Oh right, the cap. So you think they don't throttle you if you hit the 95th percentile? Ok, why is this in my control panel then?

That right there my dumb compadre has nothing to do with the configuration of the server at all. Strange how the MRTG shows no traffic over 8mbps for 2 weeks as well. Damn, must be the swarm and my config...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast