Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mcafee Virusscan 8

skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Thank you very much for your help, I will wait to see if people find a way to get round the Liveupdate problem in Norton 2004 Pro (Had this before, but because of this problem got closed down)
    I tried it for a few days and then I formatted my 'puter and just installed 2003 Pro.
    I heard about the shutdown and installed a firewall to stop nortons from connecting to the internet without permission.
    How were you shutdown and what did it say??
    There is also a crack for liveupdate to allow updates untill 2041, not sure if it will resolve the problem though.
    Did you use the TMG method (disconnect and telephone a service rep) when you installed?

Steve

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by skelley521@23 September 2003 - 17:42
    Thank you very much for your help, I will wait to see if people find a way to get round the Liveupdate problem in Norton 2004 Pro (Had this before, but because of this problem got closed down)
    I tried it for a few days and then I formatted my 'puter and just installed 2003 Pro.
    I heard about the shutdown and installed a firewall to stop nortons from connecting to the internet without permission.
    How were you shutdown and what did it say??
    There is also a crack for liveupdate to allow updates untill 2041, not sure if it will resolve the problem though.
    Did you use the TMG method (disconnect and telephone a service rep) when you installed?

Steve
    I used the TMG Method, I had just installed Windows Media Player 9 and had to restart, and Norton popped up saying it couldn't scan my Messenger downloads and after I clicked on OK it said 'Norton AntiVirus has encountered an internal program error. Unistall and re-install Norton AntiVirus'
    So i presumed that I was shutdown

James
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12