Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "brave New World" Causes Sexual Arousal

i wanna read it.... lol

2. Lounge   -   #12
    The ignorance never ceases to amaze me. This woman causing a rucus (and all like her) need to be locked away from the world. And all they will get to read are the Mr. Man books.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    First off, all this crusade is going to do is make the kids want to read these books more. Then they will be dissapointed when they don't read like a letter to penthouse .

Illiterates are the last people we should be asking what we should teach our kids(She didn't even read one of the books).

Also it hardly takes a books content to make a grade ten teenager think about sex, I highly doubt Texas' high percentage of teenage mothers is due to a brave new world.

ps. the mister man books rocked, I wish I was mr. happy nothing can bring that guy down.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Grimlock@3 October 2003 - 15:00
    ...I highly doubt Texas' high percentage of teenage mothers is due to a brave new world...
    But it certainly would be something if it was.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by einstein1905@1 October 2003 - 17:52
    For those of you reading this from outside the US, note that this was in Texas....we don't consider them part of us. TX is like an unwanted mole....we're just waiting to get out of debt so we can afford to have it removed.
    Brave New World is one of my favorites. If some parents believe its content is unsuitable for 10th graders, they're as naive as one can be.
    In fact BNW should be mandatory reading to graduate.
    Hey, I live in Texas... ph34r us texanz d00dz

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    My God their burning books again (metphorically this time)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Stranger in a strange land is a fantastic book and should be read by all along with several other Heinlen books. I have'nt read the other one but now I will.

WAITING IS.
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12