Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: F*N Users can you answer me a simple question?

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownman View Post
    I've seen so many people ask for FtN invites and to be totally honest it makes me laugh/ cry to see how some people "dream of FtN", I feel like saying get a life!

So my question is to all the FtN users, when you have finally got into the site was it all that you expected? And if possible can you explain your answer?
    yes it was all what i could wish that one site have all

from the great staff member to much needed ratio free

and community is pretty awesome

yea i can understand why people saying all that stuff abouth FTN,since they hear from someone how great it is and it is ratio free with very fast pre (great speed as always) then everyone would say that at the moment.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownman View Post
    I've seen so many people ask for FtN invites and to be totally honest it makes me laugh/ cry to see how some people "dream of FtN", I feel like saying get a life!

So my question is to all the FtN users, when you have finally got into the site was it all that you expected? And if possible can you explain your answer?

yea i can understand why people saying all that stuff abouth FTN,since they hear from someone how great it is and it is ratio free with very fast pre (great speed as always) then everyone would say that at the moment.
    SCT, SCC, GFT, RevTT, TL, Pretome, DigitalHive etc... have great speeds and good pretimes as well and the 'community' is a forum like any other tracker's forums and have absolutely nothing special compared with them.
    oh and i see many members singing the praises of the no ratio system while 80% of them use to buffer their account as hell in order to reach userclasses lol..
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post

SCT, SCC, GFT, RevTT, TL, Pretome, DigitalHive etc... have great speeds and good pretimes as well and the 'community' is a forum like any other tracker's forums and have absolutely nothing special compared with them.
    oh and i see many members singing the praises of the no ratio system while 80% of them use to buffer their account as hell in order to reach userclasses lol..
    DigitalHive,Pretome?? ok if u say so

i was talking abouth FTN only not to compare FTN with others..

yea it is true many people buffer accounts because they (can!) have abnormaly high connections speeds and i dont see any problems with that,but also there are people who dont have fast connection like me so it helps a lot to download sometimes something on ftn and then seed on 2 more sites

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post

Every time someone gives packs or community as a reason they're just saying bullshit. It's the same way with every single tracker that has some degree of difficulty to get into.

I couldnīt agree more with the Packs part. Thatīs the most ridiculous reason anyone can give... almost all trackers have the same packs, except by SCT perhaps, they are really good at that, and small sites with dedicated uploaders who make good stuff as well. But I canīt find any reason for saying that Torrentbytes, i.e, is worse than any other high ranked site... even more, Iīm pretty sure that if you want... letīs say... House Season 1 you get it in TB, very well seeded, freeleech and as a plus youīll increase your ratio because there will always be some lost soul grabbing it.
    I canīt agree about the community thing tho, but itīs something very personal, there are users who like to participate in forums, internal contests, to be in a familiar and friendly environment, make friends, etc, and at that... closed and small sites are unbeatable.
    Yeah the community part is kinda personal, but it can be measured somehow with the numbers

Here I'm saying, every one alleges that some tracker have a good community is a liar sorry (except Tbytes)
    I have read lots about how fucking awesome community this or that tracker has and after joining it turned out to be just bullshit, with dozens of spammers can't post more than ONE LINE posts and I'm repeating ONE LINE posts

The only real community I seen was TB (more than 1.1 million posts) that is how I say it can be measured by numbers, they have no spam forums like count with image, and they know lots about you and your interests from the discussions on daily basis in almost every aspect of life

I also respect & like FSC community but it's small

Otherwise, if you really know a real community please tell me

Edit: and you are right about Jessica
    Last edited by (I); 05-14-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    All I have to say is that for those that talk about the great communities in these small trackers is that I would hope that they have as many posts at Skizo has here on those trackers. Otherwise ,they really are full of it.

I mean what's so great about those great forums and their communities if you don't get involved?

I personally think that most people care about content and speed. Then there are some that might care about security if they have ever got a letter from their ISP for example. And then there may be some that might care about the forums. Those people with a shit lot of posts on the forums.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs
    DigitalHive,Pretome?? ok if u say so
    I can't speak for Digitalhive, but yes, Pretome has great speeds and really good pre's. Plus it's no ratio.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Is Pretome even worth joining if someone has GFT already? If it is worth checking out I'll hit up a friend for an invite.

My biggest problem with Digital Hive is that their forums are kind of stagnant. I know content should be the major concern, but I can't deal with a dead forum. Otherwise speeds are OK... not a ton of content though.

By the way, I heard FTN was working on some sort of software. Would anyone be able to elaborate on that for me? (If I'm not supposed to mention this it will be removed.)

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    Is Pretome even worth joining if someone has GFT already? If it is worth checking out I'll hit up a friend for an invite.

My biggest problem with Digital Hive is that their forums are kind of stagnant. I know content should be the major concern, but I can't deal with a dead forum. Otherwise speeds are OK... not a ton of content though.

By the way, I heard FTN was working on some sort of software. Would anyone be able to elaborate on that for me? (If I'm not supposed to mention this it will be removed.)
    Ok, so we killed the mirc script that allowed you to download torrents because of sites abusing the output.. So I started to develop a program that initiates a secure connection to FTN and downloads torrents based on a similar concept without the need for irc (this way it'll work on linux and mac systems as well).
    you can enter parameters to narrow down the sections and download torrents of your choice. Hope that helps!

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Gotta agree on pretome, they are really good.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    n00bz0r, thanks for answering my question so quickly. An FTN user told me it was a whole new torrent client, so that's why I asked.
    Last edited by Stellar; 05-15-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast