Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been banned on what.cd for being a good member... what to do?!

meelad's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    One friend of mine got banned recently due to misunderstanding that he was a cheater. Apparently he seeded the hell out of his seedbox and seeded 400 gb in two days. They thought he was cheating and disabled his account. But he went to #what.cd-disabled and one of the mods enabled his account. So good luck with your case.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by meelad View Post
    One friend of mine got banned recently due to misunderstanding that he was a cheater. Apparently he seeded the hell out of his seedbox and seeded 400 gb in two days. They thought he was cheating and disabled his account. But he went to #what.cd-disabled and one of the mods enabled his account. So good luck with your case.
    I think is retarded when you need a seedbox for your torrent needs. At what.cd I have downloaded like 250 megs total lol and uploaded like 600 emgs. That's how much I use this tracker. That's in like 80 weeks or so I think.

In order to seed 400 GB in 2 days mmm how much do you have to download? like 300 gigs? wow that must be some fast seedbox. And I guess he really chosed the right torrents. In music trackers you will find that a lot of stuff gets seeded so damn quick and partial seeding will work only on really popular brand new torrents. It certainly sucks for mp3 albums. By the time you grabbed the album there are more seeders than leechers.

I think ratio is ok but it's stupid when it's a pain in the ass seeding back. It's a good thing there is usenet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    You can't compare your experience with your home line to a seedbox - you don't need to download 300GB to seed 400GB with a seedbox, it's considerably less.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Or just try to earn them in their iRC (Tracker reviews topic)

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Floydian's Avatar Metaller BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    good luck to you but remember m8 , its only torrenting .....
    Sure, I agree with you, but when you spend money with something and see it going away, it's not that nice. Although it was relatively cheap.

Good news is that I got the account back, but since I'm not at home, I don't know what the OP said to me on IRC. It seems that the problem was with Transmission torrent client. He thought the client was hacked, so the seedbox owner disabled this client.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    did you uploaded something to yourself? (another user on the same seedbox/ip?)

uploadloading and downloading via localhost is cheat, and you deserve to get banned for that! ><

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Floydian's Avatar Metaller BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    did you uploaded something to yourself? (another user on the same seedbox/ip?)

uploadloading and downloading via localhost is cheat, and you deserve to get banned for that! ><
    No, I did not.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydian View Post
    My account was disabled. In order to get the irc channel and server, I connected with my friend's account.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    May seedbox is fake, mod hack client seedbox.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydian View Post
    I just can't see why they won't hear me... I have offered the seedbox account information, they could log in and see for themselves, I offered the paypal receipt, I showed screenshots... I have done everything I could.

What bothers me is that they won't even hear what I have to say, they won't consider anything...

I guess Polarbear is right, once they put it on their minds, there's nothing I can do.
    Karmas a bitch

If they think you cheated then you did.
    Last edited by lukee; 05-14-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast