Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintenance Programs.

I have 2 agree Window Washer is a gr8 tool

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm biting my tongue.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    i agree with (zapjb) ALOT of proggys out there damage your comp sometimes it takes awhile for the damage to show up

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    System Mechanic Professional 4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Amarjit@25 September 2003 - 16:17
    Window Washer is the most popular, it allows you to delete temporary internet files, files wasting space etc..
    Mate i give ww a try 1 or 2 wks ago when u posted a hash.I did actually think it done a good job until i poped on here one morning and read a post of music chicks complaining she tried it..when it finished she went round all the folders it supposed to have emptied and never.So obviously i went and checked,so i loaded ww pressed washed now,on the gui it showed every thing washed and so and so space recovered and shit,i checked a few folders,wins temp and temp inter files and nothing was deleted not a single file.I'll see if i can find the thread.U may want to do the same ,run it then check its actually deleting the files and not just saying it.If it is what version u using so i can give it another try.The one i had installed was 5.1 somthing,i.ve deleted it now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I tried the pos once and half of my programs were missing from add/remove.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I have several but for size and a 'all in one' I use Ultra WinCleaner, its less than 1M and does a good job for me.

Steve

Edit: If you get it off K-lite, make sure you make a new folder to place it in before you run it. It has an auto update button that will download any updates to the folder that it is in. There are a few on K-lite that also do not have the update feature, it will be in the upper right hand side of the main screen.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    jv16 powertoys 1.4

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CosmoK+25 September 2003 - 11:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CosmoK &#064; 25 September 2003 - 11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Amarjit@25 September 2003 - 16:17
    Window Washer is the most popular, it allows you to delete temporary internet files, files wasting space etc..
    Mate i give ww a try 1 or 2 wks ago when u posted a hash.I did actually think it done a good job until i poped on here one morning and read a post of music chicks complaining she tried it..when it finished she went round all the folders it supposed to have emptied and never.So obviously i went and checked,so i loaded ww pressed washed now,on the gui it showed every thing washed and so and so space recovered and shit,i checked a few folders,wins temp and temp inter files and nothing was deleted not a single file.I&#39;ll see if i can find the thread.U may want to do the same ,run it then check its actually deleting the files and not just saying it.If it is what version u using so i can give it another try.The one i had installed was 5.1 somthing,i.ve deleted it now.[/b][/quote]
    I saw my name so I had to post. But yea Build 5.0.0.1 was the one that didn&#39;t delete everything. But I got the 5.0.0.6 Build and I think It deleted what was left. Plus I noticed that my window washer 4.8 version was still in there, and I ran it and it deleted everything. It installed the 5.0 version in the Webroot folder and left the 4.8 intact. To me the 4.8 works better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12