Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operating System Not Found

Quit Arguing. Did you read ALL of what i said int he first place? I cannot type anythign. I have tried boot disks. It doesn't work. I know im the one asking for help but u are telling me to do things I have already tried.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Have you tried putting your Win 2000 disc in? It maybe that your XP is not bootable; did you burn it as an image? Do you know what i mean when i say image?

Try booting from your 2000 disc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I tried all of the boot disks and Cd's i had (including win2k). I extraced the ISO and burned the Files under CD-ROM (ISO) in NERO 6.

and the xp disc is bootable when i put it in my computer im using now. it comes up withthe options and all. NOw.....how did you know that i burned it in the first place?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by supastylin@25 September 2003 - 14:11
    Ok. I know ur tired of me sending this message and personally, I am 2. But i was without internet for like 5 days so i need help. If you can't help me, I'll try calling acomputer store.

Ok Balamn...... what is the difference between the boot disk and a startup disk. will a start up disk work better than a boot?

for those who don't know.... My laptop says Operating System not found when i turn it on. I can't do anything with it ( I can't even type in it just u can use the keys in BIOS). I tried Boot Disks and CD's but no hope. Can anyone help me.
    A boot disk is just to get you into your OS or into dos to prepare or repair things.
    A startup disk will start a clean system into dos and load all the setup files needed to install a particular OS.
    Your hard drive is being found. That's not the problem. You are going to have to find out if their is in fact a system left to repair. Use the repair function on the startup disk to get into dos and start a repair. log in if you can. If you can't login, Get back to dos and type c:\dir and see if there's anything there. If there is, try rebuilding the bootloader through repair.

I'd just wipe it and reinstall personnally. Use the startup disks to fdisk and format.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...B;en-us;q310994

And what's with the attitude you little brat. If you'd bumped your old thread, we'd all know what you had tried and what not.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I am not being a brat. You guys just keep telling me to do stuff but it's like u don't even read what i type. I tell u that i tried something and it doesn't work but it's like goes through one eye and out the other. Thanks for trying to help but i'll just find a computer consultant.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Is the whole computer a brand product, like Compac or something, cos I've heard about those have special integrated bios settings who can piss u off a lot.

If not then, the problem may come from an recent aborted or corrupted bios update, corrupted or fake boot disk(s) (as said above this board),

To know if your harddisk is conected & works, have a look when your computer starts, to the hardware listing, it should be listed on the master wire.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Try creating an MS-DOS startup disk.
    Go here.

It's not very different from the boot disks but it's worth the shot.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    it is a Compaq Presario. Mine when it turns on it won't show the listings.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by supastylin@25 September 2003 - 23:34
    it is a Compaq Presario. Mine when it turns on it won't show the listings.
    Do you mean that he usualy never shows it, or just doesn't this time?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast