Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emule

Poster
    Well that $39.95 turns into $49.95 pretty quick, then add utilities tax, GST, PST, Transit, blah blah blah and it's up around $65 a month. Maybe a bit more.

The 4mb would be rare, if you had 10 occurances of directx downloading at full speed you might see 2mb. No servers can give that kinda speed generally. Not basic file or website servers anyway.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Double Agent
    why are you considering a change? no enough upload bandwidth?

edit: hey balamm does that trick of yours work on shareaza? I am limiting my upload at 5k but I dont see my download increasing, it's locked at 5k as well....

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Never tried any of those other peer to peers. It works with all I have tried though.

I was just getting tired of bandwidth restrictions and don't want to pay $10,000 to have a dedicated line put in. I ain't that serious about it but I would like to play with some more protocols and features in win2k advanced server.
    Shaw claims I'm not even allowed to connect to them with this OS.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by balamm@26 September 2003 - 14:15
    Never tried any of those other peer to peers. It works with all I have tried though.

I was just getting tired of bandwidth restrictions and don't want to pay $10,000   to have a dedicated line put in. I ain't that serious about it but I would like to play with some more protocols and features in win2k advanced server.
    Shaw claims I'm not even allowed to connect to them with this OS.
    10,000? are you putting in a optic fiber or something?

ps: never believe what shaw says

I never did!!

heh are they stupid or something? as long as you use TCP/IP protocols you can connect with any OS.

what BS from shaw

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Double Agent
    according to my observation

balamm's method with shareaza doesn't work. I've been uploading locked at 5k and the download never exceeded that.

looks like shareaza has a better credit system than emule?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123