Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IPtorrents Invite disabled

manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    maybe they are sick of being a low level tracker , maybe they are trying to be l33t and stuff

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I'd say two reasons
    a.to bring in more donations.
    b. TL being infiltrated so they dont want to see their invites are all over the place up for grabs for strangers.
    Last edited by johhn; 05-26-2009 at 07:41 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    I'd say two reasons
    a.to bring in more donations.
    b. TL being infiltrated so they dont want to see their invites are all over the place up for grabs for strangers.
    Must be the latter since the Torrentleech thing happened not long ago if I'm not wrong, they have been generous with the invites for a really long time.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    maybe they are sick of being a low level tracker , maybe they are trying to be l33t and stuff
    ipt is quite a good tracker to be a low level tracker

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    These guys are funny if they think everyones going to be forking over cash to get into ipt, good site but I dont think so.
    i think i know you from TT and the new uberTT
    but you have this concept of tracker donations misconstrued.

i figure its a good move though,even demonoid doesn't hand out invites like ipt used to.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if they look for donations, it would have been way smarter to end with the freeleech torrents.
    such huge trackers must not have freeleech if they want to survive on donations, period.
    this measure is ridiculous, to say the least.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Update

After 5-10 days, we will provide 3 invites for all VIP members and 1 invite for all Power Users and uploaders.

Every Month VIPs and Power Users will receive invites.

VIPs = 3 invite/month + if they donate, they will get extra invites.
    Uploaders = 1 invites/month.
    Power Users = 1 invite/month ( if 1 invite not used, next month system will not give another invite, so better use it and get a fresh invite next month ) !
    So power users will receive invites. They have a system like TL now. I am PU there and I receive 1 invite every few weeks.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    my account died there a while ago, doubt ill be fighting to get back in now there tryna get 1337

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Invite disabled?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Whether you agree with IPtorrents or not they've been way to generous with there Invites for a long time.
    I had lots of Invites there as well but never used them, never Intended to use the either.
    On the long term It will probably be a good move for them, getting ride of the leechers and cheaters

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast