Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Levels <- what is it?

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    levels..eh?
    WTAW thread is something that you read when you don't have anything else to do IRL.
    Its something like..
    "I have no aim in my Real Life.I have nothing to accomplish. I guess i should make a career outta chasing trackers in teh BT world. Maybe i will become a very important person coz of the trackers i am on, and maybe..just maybe, get a key to the Playboy mansion."
    so much for an awesome thread Straight to the point: They were created by elitists or wannabe 1337s to show that they know something about the way BT functions.(And that.. they are on trackers which do not give invites to you on getting promoted to PU after uploading 25GiB if Data.)
    Don't get way too involved with 'em. Sincere advice. Period
    whatever part of the world you live in am sure its late .Are you by any chance a racer on a topsite?
    /me just woke up. Need some caffeine to kick start my day of posting posts which make sense.

/me iz not a topsite racer. Thats fo sure.
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 06-10-2009 at 02:24 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by 42er View Post
    Phew, great, I thought I missed something...
    You didn't. Some users live and die according to that fckn tracker lvl list...I call it 'The Tracker Collector's Bible' for lack of a better term. Don't get me wrong...I do find the tracker reviews useful and even interesting, but that tracker level crap is just that...crap. For the most part all it does is just fuel the determination of BT noobs everywhere to collect any/all of the highest 'ranking' trackers by any means they can find...trading, scamming, cheating and so on. And most of the time such behavior will ultimately lead to you getting banned from, and generally disliked by, the majority of trackers and their staff. Just ignore that goddamn list and check out the tracker reviews instead; when your trying to decide what sites you might be interested in. The reviews are waaay more helpful than just a single number somehow meant to represent the desirability of each tracker...
    Last edited by Zaxx; 06-10-2009 at 03:04 AM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    i usually only come to fst to read up on the news section and dont really post alot but this is a topic that has always lingered in my mind. its really sad that something so simple as a website could drive a man crazy. ive pretty much wasted 3 months of my life chasing after trackers. if i could turn back time i wish i would have subdued my greed better because it really is not worth all the trouble. ive pretty much gone through it all and i by no means am proud of my actions. i mean is it really worth sucking up to people saying how something is your dream and how you'd cherish it only if you had the opportunity. anyways saying all this does not make me in any way shape or form anti small secure trackers because i do very much enjoy being part of a community with trusted members. when i first started looking for trackers i was all about content(i was happy with just demonoid, passthepopcorn, etc). after that it became all about eliteness and getting into ftn was a very special moment in my life. the thing is i told myself i would stop seeking trackers after that. yet despite my promise i got addicted and got myself obsessed with moving up the ladder. now i can say im disappointed i never got into trackers such as fsc, ftwr but hey its just something to look at there is really nothing to it. just be happy and if you get in great but dont let it take over you. just one word of advice before i bounce instead of signing up for trackers do some research and ask around wether it is a good fit for you or not. if your not going to utilize it then dont waste the trackers time and the dutiful members who work to keep the tracker up and running
    Last edited by pikapo0; 06-10-2009 at 02:54 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Turn the LIST upside down, and you will get a truly good listing.
    Thus TPB will now be TOP followed by Denemoid.
    That's the list I follow.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Go by the content rating rather than level rating ..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I wouldn't go by ratings period. There are sites that have great reviews of trackers and people also giving feedback of them in the review threads. And I don't mean feedback like: ''cool tracker, good speed, lol ''

You should go by these imo.

One thing is for sure, do not base your views of a tracker on levels. Do not even take them into consideration.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Turn the LIST upside down, and you will get a truly good listing.
    Thus TPB will now be TOP followed by Denemoid.
    That's the list I follow.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    levels..eh?
    WTAW thread is something that you read when you don't have anything else to do IRL.
    Its something like..
    "I have no aim in my Real Life.I have nothing to accomplish. I guess i should make a career outta chasing trackers in teh BT world. Maybe i will become a very important person coz of the trackers i am on, and maybe..just maybe, get a key to the Playboy mansion."

so much for an awesome thread

Straight to the point: They were created by elitists or wannabe 1337s to show that they know something about the way BT functions.(And that.. they are on trackers which do not give invites to you on getting promoted to PU after uploading 25GiB if Data.)
    Don't get way too involved with 'em. Sincere advice. Period.
    This is da best expalanation about what levels are for and it must be sticky in trading section!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I wouldn't go by ratings period. There are sites that have great reviews of trackers and people also giving feedback of them in the review threads. And I don't mean feedback like: ''cool tracker, good speed, lol ''

You should go by these imo.

One thing is for sure, do not base your views of a tracker on levels. Do not even take them into consideration.

So wat r u tryin to say there man? You wont go by which rating?
    Do u evn knw what content rating means? There is no justification for not looking at content rating specified here in FST before jumping into the tracker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast