Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Drive Access

Poster
    Originally posted by Storm@29 September 2003 - 12:44
    thnx for the help guys,

safe mode of XP on the new HD allowed me to change the settings of my old XP partition, then i could access and burn the data away, reformat and reinstall XP..........

to bad i dint get ne sleep last nite
    thanks for the info, so your permition settings disallowed everything and everyone from getting to the hard drive and that is why is showed up RAW?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by exeus+29 September 2003 - 13:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (exeus @ 29 September 2003 - 13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Storm@29 September 2003 - 12:44
    thnx for the help guys,

safe mode of XP on the new HD allowed me to change the settings of my old XP partition, then i could access and burn the data away, reformat and reinstall XP..........

to bad i dint get ne sleep last nite
    thanks for the info, so your permition settings disallowed everything and everyone from getting to the hard drive and that is why is showed up RAW? [/b][/quote]
    more the lack of permission settings

i was messing with them, and then it did all funny so i thought id just delete all the settings, and take ownership to reset them all........... problem was i couldnt take ownership, so no one had permission..........

and i guess the reason for it showing up "RAW" is a combination of the lack of the permission and XP being on that drive, cause in safe mode it just worked as you would have expected: i wasnt able to view it at all, but i WAS able to take ownership........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12