Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lyndon Larouche

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    YUP or change felon to melon seeing it is still Sunday.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    JPaul

That is Franco in a slightly understated pose.

I particularly like the picture of Mussolini saying "Oooh, look an aeroplane".

I must confess I have never heard of this LaRouche guy - but if this is a representative selection of the company he keeps (identifies with) one to avoid I think.

In a democracy you will always get oddballs. His recruitment techniques sound very Scientology.

I watched some kind of News programme a while back with a chap called Pat Robertson. I assumed it was a spoof and thought it was pretty funny - was a bit surprised when it dawned on me he was for real. I had heard the name before in connection with US politics but didn't connect with the programme format. He has a few scary ideas I can tell you. I think he was pretty much a fringe candidate too - bit like IDS (whooo whooo ).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 September 2003 - 23:17
    It only takes for good men to do nothing and that sort of thing.
    ^_^

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 September 2003 - 23:17

You know that was Billy Dean's old signature, or am I being slow?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by hobbes+28 September 2003 - 23:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 September 2003 - 23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@28 September 2003 - 23:17

You know that was Billy Dean&#39;s old signature, or am I being slow? [/b][/quote]

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Tonight was the first time I had heard of the chap, indeed I only looked him up because we were pointed toward this Executive Intelligence Review as a source of information.

I just did a few simple checks, trying to establish the cut of his jib and see what we were dealing with. The result came as a great surprise to me. The fact that someone would suggest his publication as a source of information on which to formulate opinions beggers belief. Then I thought, maybe not.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    JPaul

LOL

Sad but true

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    You dont think

Ah, Hobbesy, I see you&#39;ve followed my lead and used a real photo of yourself as your avatar. I&#39;m a bit worried about the "Left Wing" French attire tho&#39;&#33;

Nah surely not, we&#39;re not worthy.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 September 2003 - 15:55
    Oh an j2k2 I would not assume that this nutter is a candidate of no consequence read some of the stuff. He may never be US president, that does not prevent him having a cult following and brainwashing people to believe his nonsense. Or to train others from spreading the word and recruiting on his behalf.
    JPawl-

I meant only insofar as LaRouche has had no electoral impact.

Any idiot with a conspiracy theory can gather enough nutters to make a blip on the scope.

As you pointed out, he&#39;s gathered a few from this forum, has he not?

***Billy and EBP***

As you believe I "linked" the two of you maliciously, I do hereby offer my sincere apologies to you both; I am, however, baffled at your pique-I would have thought my supposition, though ultimately proved wrong, would have pleased you, as you have demonstrated, without fail or exception, the congruency of your beliefs and rhetorical styles.

I do wish the two of you would resort, on occasion, to more customary methods of debate, i.e. logic and reason, but I realize we don&#39;t always get what we want in life, and the privileged few, like yourselves, who would seem to have early on earned advanced degrees from the "All-Star Wrestling School of Debate", will continue to occupy a higher moral plane than we, the great unwashed.

And I was so sure....

Apologies also to any mods who might (in error) take the preceding as a gratuitous denigration of my esteemed colleagues; while I was away, I had my cynicism and sarcasm removed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    BANNED
    Welcome back j2, we missed you. Well, maybe missed wasn&#39;t the right word, but we noticed you were gone.

As for the ***Billy and EBP*** thingy, no pique from me j2, I stated before, I thought you were being a smartarse. Nothing wrong with that.

@ JPaul. You really are amusing, your posts are showing a side of you that people should take note of.

I do not subscribe to EIR, I never said I did, you misread, and misquoted me.

You then "assume" my political views are the same as LaRouche, whilst holding extreme catholic &#092; fascist views of your own.

Then you come up with this ..
    The fact that someone would suggest his publication as a source of information on which to formulate opinions beggers belief
    .. ignoring the fact that I advised the person to Google for more info. The EIR report was obviously one side of an argument, something you wouldn&#39;t know about, none of your arguments contain two sides, as your dummy spit over your religion showed.

This is becoming personal for you, you didn&#39;t like me rubbishing your religious views, so you decided to "get your own back". Unfortunately, for you, it&#39;s backfiring on you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast