Quote Originally Posted by rabble1 View Post
Ah, their free trial had a bandwidth cap, since I went over my limit they shut me down
Giganews --like most other free trials-- would charge one dollar upon signup, and then charge a month's cost if you went over the trial limit, and they would only cut off service if the charge was rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by rabble1 View Post
With one problem however; last night I was getting a full 700Kb/s rate. After I activated my premium sub and tried re-downloading, I now only get 180Kb/s. Is this a common issue with Comcast that any of you are aware of? I just want the download speeds I had last night...
Use SSL **with non-standard port** to evade ISP throttling.
Also try rebooting your modem when speeds drop.

Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
2.It is one of three ways. These are: 1. headers. 2. search engines (like NZBindex) 3. index sites (like FilesharingTalk)
Is NZBindex not an index too? Users there submit the NZBs. A search engine would be something like binsearch, newzleech etc. I think NZB indexes are useless anyway, nothing on them you can't find on a on sites like binsearch
The original websites that called themselves NZB "index sites" were ones in which users uploaded hand-picked NZBs (usually of verified content) to the site.

Usenet search engines like Binsearch.info and NZBindex.nl (which came later) could arguable be considered a type of indexing service, however the word "index site" was already in use previously to denote sites containing user-submitted content.

Also, NZBindex.nl does not, to my knowledge, contain any user-submitted content.