Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Blocked By The Govt.

Muscleman.

Great advice there. Have done all of that. Any way of me being able to test it now? Still can't access the sites here but it is not unusual for the net to be unreliable for some time. ...Went down for 3 days last week!!......Broken cable!!

Anyway, many thanks for the help, and if you know of a way for me to test it, please let me know.

Thanks to all for the help, and yes MetroStars.it really does suck, and is becoming more like a police state everyday.

Regards

Kenny

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Sorry. Double Post

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Hi Again.

Still having problems. Now MYIE2 gives this message whenever I try to access any site :-
    "Forbidden
    You were denied access because:
    Access denied by access control list."

Any ideas?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    It is unfortunate that the Government in your country has done such things ... anyway, I think you'll find SurfNOW or A4Proxy fine. The problem with your connection settings is that if you're on Dial-Up, then you do not click "LAN Settings", click "Settings" under "Remove", this is in IE Internet Options.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    if myie2 blocks websites without your permission.. Kick tha sh1t.
    Remove stuff which annoys you

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Hi again guys. Just thought I would let you all know the results of the problem.

I have just spent the last 14 hours trying to get any sort of proxy to work with either MYIE2, Opera, or IE6, and have failed. I even downloaded A4 Proxy in the hope that that would help.
    A4 Proxy did actually help, in that its troubleshooting section told me that my ISP is blocking any use of proxy servers here. That explains why when I put a proxy address directly into MYIE2 Proxy, it gives the "Forbidden" message. Seems the Govt here have thought of everything!!!. Can't think of anything else to try now, except to move to another country maybe. Very grateful for all your help anyway.
    Really annoyed about it all, but got to get some sleep now.

Regards

Kenny

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    ok this may of been covered as i seen you said you were going to bed so i only had a quick read have the proxys you have been trying to connect to on port "80" as i guess that is your only way to do it if any

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Hi again.

Yes, have tried connecting to Port 80, and 8080. The only thing I can think of now is that the ISP does not allow the use of proxies. I don't understand how they can know, but that is what A4 proxy suggests as the problem. When I do a compatability test, it says it should show a PUBLIC IP as well as a private one, but it can not find a Public IP at all, so I assume that it must be the IP blocking it.
    No idea where to go now.
    Thanks for your input.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    go here proxy list

proud to be american

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    so, does anyone know of any good anonymous proxies that are compatible with eMule?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12