Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best idea a tracker ever had?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by filenetworks View Post
    BitShock - Has a guest account where users can try the tracker before registering. Would help to minimize number of folks who sign up to have a look around and never use the site again.
    I have not tested this but that should be very easy to do.

Just remove 1 line from the top of browse.php (or any other page you want them to see)

loggedinorreturn();

and then anyone can view it, even if they try to download a torrent, they cant as they will not have a passkey.

But i think you will find that most trackers prefer not to let just anyone view what they have, which is the reason, as far as i am aware, only this tracker actually does it.

and if you mean a guest account, like i have an account, that will be easy as well.

just create an account and tell ppl the user/pass, (keyword for us) stop them from downloading/uploading/posting etc etc, and just let them sign in with it.

Which tbh i have never even thought of before until now lol

And it may stop 1000s of members joining up and never using their account, if they can see what it is like first.

PS: In answer to the ops question, and everyone knows what i am going to say. SP mod with our Hit and Run system, to me we cant have one without the other.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-04-2009 at 12:57 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    I like to see a tracker where members can earn bonus from downloading and not just seeding. Combine that with some form of h&r rules; it can increase the trackers' activities.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    I like to see a tracker where members can earn bonus from downloading and not just seeding.
    As would I. This was actually brought up on another track. Hopefully the staff took notice and will implement such a system. This would be a fresh new way to promote more leeching.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I like to see a tracker where members can earn bonus from downloading and not just seeding.
    As would I. This was actually brought up on another track. Hopefully the staff took notice and will implement such a system. This would be a fresh new way to promote more leeching.
    A tracker thats under dev is gonna implement something never ever seen before..and yeah, downloading activity is taken in account as well in the complex and kinda holistic algorithm being developed and tested..
    ya all will get to know about it in good time..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

A tracker thats under dev is gonna implement something never ever seen before..and yeah, downloading activity is taken in account as well in the complex and kinda holistic algorithm being developed and tested..
    ya all will get to know about it in good time..
    Have you cleared up your inbox, mate?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I like to see a tracker where members can earn bonus from downloading and not just seeding. Combine that with some form of h&r rules; it can increase the trackers' activities.
    some tracker give out karma/bonus for downloading (along with uploading and seedling) if that's what you mean

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can't remember which tracker it is, but it uses total traffic, that encourages leeching.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    And it may stop 1000s of members joining up and never using their account, if they can see what it is like first.
    Probably the most logical reason for a tracker to implement this feature.Its no need for people to sign up to trackers only to find out they aren't anything close to their tastes(happened to me with extremebits somebody told me it was a music tracker),a guest account for test driving sounds like a good feature.Though i figure with trackers inclination towards being mysteries this is highly unlikely to take off.
    A little offtopic but does anybody know what these sites are all about?
    http://www.schizostick.com/d/http://www.tgclub.org/

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by R0D3NT View Post
    some tracker give out karma/bonus for downloading (along with uploading and seedling) if that's what you mean
    I have not come across one; can you name the tracker. if that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I can't remember which tracker it is, but it uses total traffic, that encourages leeching.

You may be referring to perome; which use total traffic rather that down/up ie ratio, but give credit only to seeding but not dl.
    Last edited by TP635; 08-04-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Never heard of perome. Must be another tracker I'm referring to.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast