Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demonoid dl speed

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by vpg8000 View Post
    It's great when you can't find a file anywhere else. Then I don't mind the speeds as I am desperate at that point. But for anything else, I go elsewhere to be honest.
    Ya I only use Demoniod for software if H33T doesn't have it . I still have over a 3,0 ratio as I enable DHT for those torrents .

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Demonoid is not the place for speeds, in fact it's not even that much of a Private Tracker, more of a semi public tracker...
    Spoiler: Show

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    speed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

or for that matter even if I don't seed lol.
    Last edited by TP635; 08-07-2009 at 03:17 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    seed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

Same for me I don't get that. Even if you wait a week for it to update it doesn't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    seed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

The ratio system is purely statistical and somewhat innacurate for the ones with shared or dynamic ips. Besides what other users may think of you for not sharing, there is no punishment for having a low ratio.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Yeah, even though Demonoid is semi private, it's got a boatload of stuff you can't find elsewhere, always great to have it in case.

@cinephilia: That's what their rules state but the ratios never update, ever, since they came back over a year ago. (Was it a year... xD ?)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Helionster's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vpg8000 View Post
    It's great when you can't find a file anywhere else. Then I don't mind the speeds as I am desperate at that point. But for anything else, I go elsewhere to be honest.
    Haven't seen things from that point of view. Gess you'r right on that one. Still if you are like me that only looks for the general 0-day stuff Demonoid becomes obsolete,but like someone allready said here "always good to have an account".
    Last edited by Helionster; 08-07-2009 at 11:08 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    @ helionster - you would be better off with a site like IPT (a great site to get your feet wet in the private bittorent world) if you put in a request for it I will send you an invite

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    rebrov's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Demonoid is the best semi-private tracker for Appz-Old movies etc...

cuz of its not a private tracker u can find the speed there not much interesint at all
    but it also depends on who's u seeding from

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I agree you can use demonoid as a beginning into the private trackers, but dont think all private trackers are like demonoid. It really should not even be considered a private tracker as previously stated, everyone seeds what they want, and there are a lot of users with slow connections on there, which causes horrible speeds on torrents there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast