Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Guy

That was some of the first stuff I download with KLite. I love all the random pop culture references. Like the theme for the Quahog parade: The time Tony sees Angela naked in the shower on Who's the Boss or the time Peter plays poker with his father-in-law, Bill Gates, Ted Turner, and Michael Eisner (and they all hate Turner because he always wins). Brilliant stuff.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I want to watch this show.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    robotfightin'time
    You guys all realize that family guy is still on cartoon network at night during adult swim. It is the greatest show ever. Ultra 1337. lol.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by robotfightin'time@4 October 2003 - 02:55
    You guys all realize that family guy is still on cartoon network at night during adult swim.  It is the greatest show ever.  Ultra 1337.  lol.
    Uhhh yeah man that's been posted already.

@toco

The shows on Cartoon Network are not new.

Hey 3rd Gen how old are you and what country are you from?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I think I spent most of my day off downloading Family Guy shows! I never did understand why they took it off Fox.
    I would have to go Family Guy...The Simpsons..and then maybe Futurama...Not a really big fan of that one.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I noticed that The Simpsons is more universal while
    Family Guy AND Futurama are full of references to American TV and politics.

If a foreigner hasn't seen the American TV shows or watch American news then someone from another country won't fully enjoy the latter shows.

Another prime example in America was the movie Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
    To FULLY enjoy this movie and get the jokes you would have had to see these movies:

Higher Learning
    South Central
    Boyz N' The Hood
    Juice
    Menace To Society
    9 1/2 Weeks
    Coolie High
    Do The Right Thing
    Poetic Justice
    and more

(it also helped if you were black or at the very least white and watched alot of rap videos)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #17
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i think over the years Simpsons has dumbed down, or the writers have just run out of ideas - but the jokes seem to consist mostly of Homer being set on fire or shot

I haven't seen many Family Guy episodes though, its hardly ever on, damn my modem

Oooh yeah, giggidy giggidy, oooooh yeah
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Lounge   -   #18
    muchspl2
    yep I like family guy & the evil monkey!!!
    <-
    [thread jack]

who&#39;s the daddy
    The creator of cult animated comedy Family Guy has been commissioned to make a new show in the States

Fox, which unceremoniously dumped Seth MacFarlane&#39;s first series last year, has now ordered a pilot episode of American Dad.

And if executives like it, the show could launch as early as autumn 2004.

The show will revolve around a right-wing CIA agent and his wife, their two kids (including a liberal daughter), a housebound alien and a French-speaking goldfish.

As with Family Guy, MacFarlane plans to provide several of the voices, in addition to enlisting other vocal talents.

Fox&#39;s Craig Erwich told Hollywood bible Variety: "Animated comedy is a part of our brand, and has been for a long time. You&#39;ve got to make sure you&#39;ve got the next ones in the pipeline -- not that the shows we have now are going anywhere."

MacFarlane added: "The dynamic is very much All in the Family, with a left-wing daughter who&#39;s constantly clashing with her father. It&#39;s a great time to be doing a show like this, because it&#39;s such a politically charged period that&#39;s ripe for satire."

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/sept03/dad.html
    [/thread jack]

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Brian is quite funny too

Stewie is allways at war with him

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Busyman@4 October 2003 - 03:01
    Hey 3rd Gen how old are you and what country are you from?
    18 from Scotland...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast