2. Lounge   -   #22
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok im really really off to bed now before I callapse

3. Lounge   -   #23
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Infested Cats
    Sweet Dreams.
    i hate those - not enough RAM...

the longest i've stayed awake was about 40 hours, the longest i've gone without proper sleep is 2 weeks
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@4 October 2003 - 16:54
    I can relate. I don't sleep around the weekend. I should be around 48 hours now.

The longest time gone without sleep is 11 days... and then slept for a week.
    do you mean you have gone that long without sleep or were u talking about the world record. the record for the length of time without sleep is something along the lines of 11 days, set by Randy Gardner in 1964, and after his test was over he only slept for 14 hours and felt fine, he didn't sleep for a week.

Webpage

the longest i've went without sleep myself was around 3 days and a half days, around 84 hours give or take about 6 each way (don't remember exactly), during which i travelled by bus to France and couldn't sleep while travelling (about 23 hours) or when i arrived at the hotel.

i didn't hallucinate or anything, my eyes got pretty sore and i had a pretty bad headache, but it would come and go, and for some periods i felt fine. i was glad when i got some sleep though. once i did, i slept for maybe 9 or 10 hours and was back to normal.

for a good few years i've had trouble sleeping, and frequently go almost 2 days without feeling too bad, although i wouldn't say i feel fine.

some weeks i've had some sleep everynight, but maybe only 4 hours or less at a time, basically this just leaves a general feeling of tiredness that comes and goes during the day if this routine lasts over a week or so, and then it gradually gets worse.

if i get 6 hours of sleep every night i can operate at what feels like a normal efficiency.

something i found out just there was that if a rat is deprived totally of sleep for 3 weeks it dies. so get to bed, you've been warned lol.

edit - also, i think i read that the hallucinations experienced by some are in fact mini-dreams, which happen during micro-sleep, REM sleep that lasts just a second or so, and is supposedly the cause of a number of accidents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123