Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Xp

Originally posted by toddiscool+5 October 2003 - 19:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (toddiscool @ 5 October 2003 - 19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Catracho@5 October 2003 - 03:18
    No XP is on C:&#092; and 2K is on E:&#092; My second HD has D:&#092;. The partition is there it&#39;s just that im not able to boot xp now&nbsp;

Can you see the XP partition under 2k? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, XP partition and "unknown" partition (for Redhat) three partitions are there. C:&#092; for XP D:&#092; for second HD and and E:&#092; for 2k. They are there. Its just that im not able to boot

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Well then to best of my knowledge, there is not a whole lot that you can do. The idea of the boot manager it to load each partitions boot sector. If you can see all partitions under 2k, then the 2k has over written all the os&#39;s ability to boot, and set istseld as the only active partition. Sorry I just explained that absolutley terribly, and I wish that I could do it better, but in truth I do not know enough about it. I do now that I did the same thing first time around, I could not figure out anything.

You could try and fix the boot record using the XP cd, but that probably will do nothing or just make all the os&#39;s not boot.

Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12