Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitmetv.org account ban HELP!

So the other day a friend sent me a 'different' version of utorrent. He told me it was a version that cheated the system some how.

Soo out of my stupid curiosity I installed it.

Opened it up to check out what it did. I immediately realized it loaded all my torrents from regular utorrent, so I immediately stopped all torrents.

2 days later I realized I was banned from bitmetv, so I went over to their IRC channel asking why I was banned. The thought of it being related to the 3 seconds i had an illegal client running never crossed my mind.

I was treated with hostility, they wouldn't tell me what I did. then I started considering that maybe that illegal client was the reason, but I still kinda doubted it.

So I told them what I did and well... no sympathy.

I know it looks bad on my part, but I shouldnt be banned for a mere 3 seconds. It was an honest mistake, and I had no intentions of cheating... I've been a member for 2.5 years and finally was getting my ratio closer and closer to 1.00

Any advice? I'd like an email address of an admin over there because on IRC i was treated like shit.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I know it looks bad on my part, but I shouldnt be banned for a mere 3 seconds. It was an honest mistake, and I had no intentions of cheating..
    STUPIDITY at its height
    Last edited by TP635; 09-16-2009 at 03:01 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    You can find staff here and PM them:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ers-fst-232869

I doubt however that their email is public knowledge.

Although honestly you never should've opened that program in the first place =/. Even if its just cause you're "curious", even the smallest amount can be detected. "Just wanting to see it" is never an excuse for using a cheating program.

And I really wouldn't blame BMTV. Anyone could make up that kind of excuse, it's an old age excuse I bet hundreds of banned users use. Why should they believe you over the other countless cheaters who have used the same excuse =/

However, if there was a way for staff to see that you only had the cheat client for a couple of seconds, that may help back up you claim, but I don't know if they log that kind of info or if they just flagged your account. (And there is definitely no way anyone else at FST could tell or not, so we probably aren't of much use).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-16-2009 at 03:05 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Seedbox Provider
    The list needs to be updated, Mareko is no longer staff there. If you speak with someone else be as nice and honest as you can, their attitude will reflect your mood as well.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks, It's also not letting me PM at the moment, maybe because I just joined or because i only have 2 posts.

Good point, The staff in IRC probed at me. I really didnt know why I was banned but he was like "YOU KNOW WHY, JUST ADMIT IT" and then I started considering that 3 seconds could've gotten me banned, and told him what i did. So it does kinda look like I was trying to play it off.

He also pulled up some PM's I sent. Maybe 3-4 months ago I downloaded the same torrent file on 2 computers (different IP, different US state) and I sent PM's concerned that I would be banned for doing that. The IRC moderator said that this showed that I may have had intentions to cheat all along. I said that was rediculous because that PM was showing my concern and care to NOT get banned... I was clearly fearful of my mistake

But 2.5 years, 200GB uploaded! how can they just ban me and call me a cheater for a 3 seconds mistake!! ahhh i really hope i get back on this site

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Honestly though I feel like your comment that you were struggling to reach a 1.0 ratio doesn't help. It provides more evidence for the Mods to believe you were purposely cheating to try to raise your ratio.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well over the summer I was steadily declining. about 3 weeks ago I finally got faster internet. My ratio was steadily increasing for the first time in a year. So i wasnt struggling. I was happily watching my ratio increase every day.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    ratsetter.. ya asked for it. ('Accidentally' 'trying' to cheat the system would make anyone raise doubts about ur age and IQ)
    Quit being a PITA for the BMTV staffers, instead.. put those hours you will be wasting into doing something better IRL.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    ratsetter.. ya asked for it. ('Accidentally' 'trying' to cheat the system would make anyone raise doubts about ur age and IQ)
    WTF does opening an cheating copy of utorrent for 3 seconds have to do with my IQ and my AGE?? that comment leads me to raise doubts about your age and IQ. Sorry on getting hostile but jeez man what a comment

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Your account is gone. Live and learn.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast