Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: So where does my life go from here?

Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    well, you are regret now, but that's not your first attempt to trade (a what invite, i mean), am i right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Albo,

You still seem to have sympathies for occasional/"a few" trades. I still (and probably will always) stick to the analogy of a tracker being someone's house (the site owner(s) and staff). Trading (any) is a violation of that house. While I would not equate trading to feeling up someone's wife, I would probably place it somewhere around kicking their dog.

I would not tolerate anyone kicking my dog. Not even once. They just would not be welcome after that. If I decided to forgive them, they would be on very thin ice from that point on...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I don't agree with stripping someone down of their favorite trackers, just because they made a little mistake, especially if it was because he traded a few invites or two. I'm sure the Op's intention of getting another account were strong. Maybe he traded for a dedicated tracker like blackcats, hdbits, musicvids etc.., a tracker that he was going to use and not sit on it
    agreed (for specific cases like op's one).
    i'd be more willing to trust this guy than any anti-trader showing off trackers userbars in their sig.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I don't agree with stripping someone down of their favorite trackers, just because they made a little mistake, especially if it was because he traded a few invites or two. I'm sure the Op's intention of getting another account were strong. Maybe he traded for a dedicated tracker like blackcats, hdbits, musicvids etc.., a tracker that he was going to use and not sit on it
    i'd be more willing to trust this guy than any anti-trader showing off trackers userbars in their sig.
    Why? a trader has broken there rules an anti trader has not, unless ex trader and now got the sites they want and stopped trading but they should be treated like any trader any way
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Albo,

You still seem to have sympathies for occasional/"a few" trades. I still (and probably will always) stick to the analogy of a tracker being someone's house (the site owner(s) and staff). Trading (any) is a violation of that house. While I would not equate trading to feeling up someone's wife, I would probably place it somewhere around kicking their dog.

I would not tolerate anyone kicking my dog. Not even once. They just would not be welcome after that. If I decided to forgive them, they would be on very thin ice from that point on...
    there's a huge difference between breaking rules cause you don't care less about the trackers you're member of, and breaking the rules because of heedlessness/negligence/lack of attention.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by albo da kid View Post
    i don't agree with stripping someone down of their favorite trackers, just because they made a little mistake, especially if it was because he traded a few invites or two. I'm sure the op's intention of getting another account were strong. Maybe he traded for a dedicated tracker like blackcats, hdbits, musicvids etc.., a tracker that he was going to use and not sit on it
    I'd be more willing to trust this guy than any anti-trader showing off trackers userbars in their sig.
    +1

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Hey man, there are lots of places online to get music reviews and recommendations. Its nice to be able to grab a torrent, but there are lots of other music trackers!

My recommendation is to use some more public resources, if you can.

If it really is like losing your girlfriend, take some time now to do some trashy easy ladies for a new experience. Eventually you'll run into another "keeper" like what!

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Why? a trader has broken there rules an anti trader has not, unless ex trader and now got the sites they want and stopped trading but they should be treated like any trader any way
    i meant that i'm sure he'd make a better use of his account (if he'd get it back or get invited again) than any user showing-off with their trackers userbars.
    as for me, that's not simply a matter of rules but it's first and foremost a matter of spirit.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    You deserve to get your account back because you can spell an use grammar. That is saying alot in the internet world.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    i meant that i'm sure he'd make a better use of his account (if he'd get it back or get invited again) than any user showing-off with their trackers userbars.
    as for me, that's not simply a matter of rules but it's first and foremost a matter of spirit.

Surely trackers make the rules for one main reason and thats security but as it happens I think traders, as a rule, also the sorts of people that break the spirit as a very big percentage of them are in it for their own gain to get what they consider better trackers. I am not saying the OP in this case is one of those.
    But where do sites draw the line?
    If we allow some traders and cheaters we catch should we allow them all?
    Or should we say its ok to trade/sell/cheat on our trackers if you spend a lot of time their and treat it like a girl friend?

I am not a member of what.cd but I am betting like all trackers I have joined members are directed to the rules and asked to follow them. Site staff and owners spend a lot of time trying to make the tracker as best they can for their members so surely a little respect and following the rules is not a lot to ask. I also realise that it is the members of the community/site that really make it, but I bet if you ask the members who are active in sites, not just downloading, they have no issues with rules in place and like the way the site is.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast