Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Registry Cleaners

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    With jv16 you gotta uncheck "show ignored entries". Or you'll probably delete all.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    With jv16 you gotta uncheck "show ignored entries". Or you'll probably delete all. 
    I know...the entries I deleted were supposedly SAFE TO DELETE...the green icons were beside them...messed my comp. bad.... bad prog. bad, bad prog.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    You are in the vast minority with that opinion. But OK. Just like nobody can convince me to try Window Washer again. BTW RegSupreme is made by jv the same as in jv16 PT.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Hey zapjb do you have a hash for Ace Utilities?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    JV16 RegSupreme 1.0

Finally, they took the gem out of the pile of crap.

Now the RegCleaner tool in jv16 powertools is a standalone. It works 400% times faster than that in powertools and more efficient I heard.

I downloaded it and I'm still having fun with it. No more 2mins to search thru the reg about 21000 files under a minute.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    You are in the vast minority with that opinion. But OK. Just like nobody can convince me to try Window Washer again. BTW RegSupreme is made by jv the same as in jv16 PT.
    It may be made by the same person...but it is MUCH better than JV16...my opinion...go with RegSupreme.
    P.S. I don't mind being in the minority...I like to be different.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I only used these when I was getting started using a comp, i mean like when all that i could handle was clicking next. Had a lot of bad experiences with them obviously. I think because of that they have got a bad wrap with me, but i am sure that if I went back to them no I would be fine, and see improvment, but I am to jaded now.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by RedRival@7 October 2003 - 19:18
    JV16 RegSupreme 1.0

Finally, they took the gem out of the pile of crap.

Now the RegCleaner tool in jv16 powertools is a standalone. It works 400% times faster than that in powertools and more efficient I heard.

I downloaded it and I'm still having fun with it. No more 2mins to search thru the reg about 21000 files under a minute.
    got the cracked version of that RegSupreme mate?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    I like doing it myself, never know wtf those programs r doing.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    From my experience with many registry cleaners [Norton Utilities, TuneUp Utilities, Ace Utilities, RegSupreme, jv16 PowerTools, Registry Mechanic, System Mechanic, etc.]

...The program that beats them all is RegSeeker. It's both safe [automatically backups ANY changes you make to the registry using it] and thorough [after using it you'll have a few, or no results in other registry cleaners (which not necessarily find the items that RegSeeker finds)]. You can also exclude selected items from future searches with a single click.

It also includes a good registry finder, startup programs editor, a little Windows tweak manager, etc.

edit: oh and it's freeware

I really recommend it.
    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

btw
    jv16 can be a really dangerous registry cleaning tool if you don't use it properly. I've had certain cases where good items were found as obsolete by it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast