Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In fond memory of

pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Oink was a very good music tracker. Some may call it over-moderated, but that's just the thing though - when you've downloaded something from Oink, you'd know it was a properly encoded release, otherwise it would've been deleted by staff.

On the downside, it's hardly a secret that some of the staffers at Oink were arseholes. All that cute animal avatar thing and total disrespect for the privacy of other trackers really tainted what would otherwise be an optimal resource for music on the web.

By the way, does anyone follow the news and know what's going on with OiNK himself nowadays?
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It was just a site, a torrent site.
    And it's demise helped create 2 much better ones. It served its purpose.
    No it was not just a torrent site and your attitude sucks towards one of the sites that has brought us to where we are today. It was all we had in the day. Nothing compared to it. Maybe you and skiz had issues with oink but thats no way to show your appreciation for the peeps that are still fighting for their lives.
    Fighting for their lives? WTF!! Is that not torrenting we are talking about?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Knowadays, there are thousands off trackers, no one, gets that feeling anymore, about any off them.... the only one, i have seen lately, whit a userbase, so similiar ( lack off better word ) is Filelist.

Respect -Vip-
    How is the userbase of filelist like Oink? Not really getting the comparison. Im not a member of the place but a few friends who are there tell me its kind of small and quiet. Not the same as it used to be a long time ago.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    When one falls others takes it place and hopefully learn from the mistakes of it predecessor. If that wasn't the case we would all still be using bb, or trading floppies at parties (I know that sounds perverted but remember it none the less). Only old school filesharing I still use is usenet which has become fashion again. We progress get a little smarter and try to stay ahead. These remembrances are nice but the site that once was is best left where they are: in the past. I was an active member in oink but found its replacements just as nice. I'm just a pirate and as long as I get my music I'm just as happy. Where is all the rememberanances for napster, original winmx, kazaa before the crap it is today, bb that started it all, dcc, ftp dumps. What about the general disrespect for soul seek and edonkey. It all had its place in history and the evolution. Oink wasn't the first and won't be the last. Move with the time and enjoy it. Files will always be there to be had but to long after a dead site is pathetic. Forget it and move on. BTW I'll still be using usenet and soulseek while you youngster find the next best thing. And yes, I am sympathetic to the originators of oink and hope them the best as I do all site owners that risk their neck to get us the files we want. The rest that just rely on the work (and I don't mean artistically) of other sites to provide fodder for their own in hopes of increased donates can disappear as quickly as their secret sites appear
    Last edited by chiefosceola; 10-17-2009 at 05:30 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Oink was a very good music tracker. Some may call it over-moderated, but that's just the thing though - when you've downloaded something from Oink, you'd know it was a properly encoded release, otherwise it would've been deleted by staff.

On the downside, it's hardly a secret that some of the staffers at Oink were arseholes. All that cute animal avatar thing and total disrespect for the privacy of other trackers really tainted what would otherwise be an optimal resource for music on the web.

By the way, does anyone follow the news and know what's going on with OiNK himself nowadays?
    http://oink.cd/
    here you go says it plain and clear

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    It's all a matter of taste !! Nothing more, you like it or you don't !!
    And i dunno why people want to compare Oink with Waffles or What....It's not the same story, things evolved so quickly in the BT.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Seedbox Provider
    Was good while it lasted but it's time to move on. The site seems to have more hype in death than it did alive. Progress has been made, let's roll with it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    Was good while it lasted but it's time to move on. The site seems to have more hype in death than it did alive. Progress has been made, let's roll with it.

So we cant even commemorate it? that is what the post is about..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Knowadays, there are thousands off trackers, no one, gets that feeling anymore, about any off them.... the only one, i have seen lately, whit a userbase, so similiar ( lack off better word ) is Filelist.

Respect -Vip-
    How is the userbase of filelist like Oink? Not really getting the comparison. Im not a member of the place but a few friends who are there tell me its kind of small and quiet. Not the same as it used to be a long time ago.
    Ppl are very attached to them. ANd they dont just leave, they come everyday to see if its back on again, and make foruns will the site is down, so they can all be in touch whit etch other.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post

apparently Oink's been in n out of the Courthouse more times than Swepsycho's prostitute mother.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast