Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ca Election

I work tech support for and internet company right now (I am still a student). I need a high school diploma for that. You are telling me that there should not be any standard of education for major politcal office?

Again I do not know if he does have any type of formal education, but I would like to know.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by toddiscool@8 October 2003 - 08:20
    I work tech support for and internet company right now (I am still a student). I need a high school diploma for that. You are telling me that there should not be any standard of education for major politcal office?

Again I do not know if he does have any type of formal education, but I would like to know.
    AFAIK, there's never been any education background requirement to run in most elections

Hell, how else could Audrey Roberts have been a Member of Parliament? [/Corrie gag]

It's mainly because the educational background puts candidates in a better light with the national elitist societies that have more than enough power why you often see Harvard/Oxbridge graduates running

Life's a bitch, huh? Well politics is its aunt.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by toddiscool@8 October 2003 - 07:20

and what does that accomplish? bush has a MBA but he's an idiot when it comes to politics.

James Carter was a scientist but he became the president of united states not because of his science abilities but his ability to lead american ppl.

same goes for Ronald Reagan.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Illuminati+8 October 2003 - 08:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 8 October 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddiscool@8 October 2003 - 08:20

AFAIK, there&#39;s never been any education background requirement to run in most elections

Hell, how else could Audrey Roberts have been a Member of Parliament? [/Corrie gag]

It&#39;s mainly because the educational background puts candidates in a better light with the national elitist societies that have more than enough power why you often see Harvard/Oxbridge graduates running

Life&#39;s a bitch, huh? Well politics is its aunt. [/b][/quote]
    Harvard/Oxford graduates aren&#39;t smart, they are rich

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    I am not big on education either. However i do feel that if there is some safe guard on what nationality can be president that there should be an educational one aswell. I mean it is said that if Oprah was to run for president that she would win. Can you imagine that. Love her or hate her, she is not the type of person that should run be in office and never would if it was not for her celebrity and platform from which to speak. I just think that there should be some kind of standard put in place, minimum system requirements if you will. If my job requires some sort, and for the amount of legal, and other things that I have to go through to be a realtor than there should be some kind of politics course or something, or some kind of ladder that must be climbed.

But what do i know, I am a complete idiot.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I&#39;ve said it before and i&#39;ll say it again, democracy sucks. On the plus side all the people who get degrees from Berkeley (and other californian universities?) get the dubious pleasure of a certificate signed by the terminator.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I&#39;m certainly not a big Arnold fan, but there IS this:

While California could benefit from a re-assessment of it&#39;s social/legal structure, I will leave that aside to note that, in Schwarzenegger, we have perhaps the best opportunity we will ever have to see the teachings of the economist Milton Friedman tested as Arnold attempts to deal with his budget problems.

If Arnold can wring a few ounces of cooperation out of California&#39;s Democrat-led assembly, we may be witnesses to an object lesson of the first order.

Stay tuned-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    He studied business administration at the University of Wisconsin, where he made his degree in 1980.

Google is such a fine place.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy+8 October 2003 - 02:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy &#064; 8 October 2003 - 02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vegasguy@7 October 2003 - 18:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced
    @7 October 2003 - 23:47
    CA?

This is the worldwideweb, we arent all in the USA........... do i guess at California?

Hi,

Isn&#39;t the USA on the Planet Earth? so, it would count as world news&#33;
    He was referring to your abbreviation, if you don&#39;t live in the U.S. chances are you don&#39;t know what CA stands for. [/b][/quote]
    I think CA stands for CAnada

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by toddiscool@8 October 2003 - 09:36
    But what do i know, I am a complete idiot.
    ok, if you say so..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast