Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: what happened to UK-T

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Uk-T was an awesome place, things like the tetris competition and the forums made it so

I also had 3 invites when it went, ah well...

If anyone knows of a similar community or a place uk-t people are gathering mail me at [email protected]

2. BitTorrent   -   #522
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    The Real UK-T Story

Yesterday (8 July) members of a criminal network involved in a multi-million pound film piracy 'industry' have been found guilty at Southwark Crown Court.
    These guys were sentenced a few months ago, they snitched out their DVD suppliers and got a reduced sentence.

The police got a search warrant and closed in on the supplier.

According to our sources a senior member of staff experienced legal issues following allegations of selling counterfeit DVDs which led to a search of his home address.
    He had scene access so he could easily provide dvds and make some money. They caught him redhanded though, his computer and everything.

He considers his options and decides it's in his best interest to snitch and tell the police where the other UK-T staff members are.

00:22 <411> uk-t was being investigated by FACT
    00:22 <411> and they have arrested 7 people from around the uk
    00:22 <411> mostly staffers
    Don't say a word just ask for a lawyer.

00:23 <411> from what we can tell overseas staffers removed the site
    00:23 <411> to protect the idents of other people
    They got scared, and deleted the whole site.

RIP UK-T
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

3. BitTorrent   -   #523
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    yo yo yo.. this is quite the thread.. too bad its on such a bad basis I was never apart of UK-T... but I love meeting new people and helping people. if any of you ex-wheelmods wanna chat it up or talk about whatever, hit me up. I know you guys cant pm till after 30 days, but you could post in here, and we could chat by email or something.

4. BitTorrent   -   #524
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    So I was right Benjamin??

There's still a possibility that if arrested, the staffers will crack and give up everyone's IP addresses, right??
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 11-02-2009 at 03:20 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #525
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

There's still a possibility that if arrested, the staffers will crack and give up everyone's IP addresses, right??
    yeah i think its a possibility but kinda unlikely.The site got deleted after all didn't it?plus I think its highly unlikely that somebody kept a back up copy at home.Though you never know the kind of things that jail time and reduced sentence can yield.

Thanks for the further insight benjy,the two stories indeed connect.I think am gonna add you to my buddies list.

So was it fred pushing the silvers or?

But its honestly kind of unfair for 5 years of hard work to go down the drain just like that over one person's stupidity.The community,the spirit,the legacy that is fort knox and all it takes is one person and its all gone.

The business of silvers is a reserve of the third world and countries where there are basically no laws governing copyright or countries that are just too big to govern.If he was in a John Q situation or was too handicapped to work then maybe it would be excusable anything else is just but betrayal and that's the hard fuckin truth.

Lets just hope that indeed nobody had a copy of the site lying somewhere at home.

6. BitTorrent   -   #526
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by weegee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post

Well, I am happy UK-T is Gone, payback is a bitch, I was "wrongfully" Disabled there twice, { without a given "reason", and No recourse of an appeal in the IRC].

Uk-T as far as I am concerned, have been such a "Snot" can kiss my ASS......LMAO
    disabled twice, so you were given another chance and you fucked up again? you sound like a spoiled child to me. as for payback is a bitch, you sound as though you have some sort of influence, lol you dont even have enough influence to decide wither to piss in your pants or not.

7. BitTorrent   -   #527
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post

yeah i think its a possibility but kinda unlikely.The site got deleted after all didn't it?plus I think its highly unlikely that somebody kept a back up copy at home.Though you never know the kind of things that jail time and reduced sentence can yield.

Thanks for the further insight benjy,the two stories indeed connect.I think am gonna add you to my buddies list.

So was it fred pushing the silvers or?

But its honestly kind of unfair for 5 years of hard work to go down the drain just like that over one person's stupidity.The community,the spirit,the legacy that is fort knox and all it takes is one person and its all gone.

The business of silvers is a reserve of the third world and countries where there are basically no laws governing copyright or countries that are just too big to govern.If he was in a John Q situation or was too handicapped to work then maybe it would be excusable anything else is just but betrayal and that's the hard fuckin truth.

Lets just hope that indeed nobody had a copy of the site lying somewhere at home.
    ROFL

8. BitTorrent   -   #528
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Pork pies

9. BitTorrent   -   #529
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Am not in the mood for this with you(you are a kid ffs) so how about you reserve these little tantrums for when the thread really goes off topic.

10. BitTorrent   -   #530
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post

00:22 <411> uk-t was being investigated by FACT
    00:22 <411> and they have arrested 7 people from around the uk
    00:22 <411> mostly staffers
    It says that a couple of staffers were arrested and I suppose that's before the site went down. Maybe one of them was caught off guard and he probably had all the info in his hard drive.

All these staffers that were arrested will have to go through a great deal of temptation when being asked to snitch in order to get a lighter punishment.. I truly hope their hard drives didn't have any proof which can incriminate them.