Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which tracker is the safest?

Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    thanks for the info guys i learned,though i m not on TL at the moment
    ......and you're happy about this because???
    he learned something?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    I highly recommend Mango, best tracker ever, they are open for recruitment if you have at least proof of 2GB speed limit.
    #zEdit; FST is bad, it's like drugs. Mkay?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    There is no safest tracker. It is a myth. All the internet traffic has to pass through lines, nodes, ISPs etc. No matter how much you encrypt it there is always a way to decrypt it. If the Governments want to find about a particular tracker they can do so very easily. But following are some guidelines to find a safer tracker!

1. First of all the tracker should not be a known P2L. There are quite a few sceners who are special enemies to such trackers.
    2. Should not be very well known. Your precious SCT was one of the most insecure tracker on earth because every one seemed to be know its name and url.
    3. The smallest the better. It is on the assumption that the Agencies would not waste time running tiny trackers but would rather go after the big names.
    4. It should be harder to get in.

These four conditions do not indicate towards a safest tracker but they would help you to find a safer tracker.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fringer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by RizKhan25000 View Post
    There is no safest tracker. It is a myth. All the internet traffic has to pass through lines, nodes, ISPs etc. No matter how much you encrypt it there is always a way to decrypt it. If the Governments want to find about a particular tracker they can do so very easily. But following are some guidelines to find a safer tracker!

1. First of all the tracker should not be a known P2L. There are quite a few sceners who are special enemies to such trackers.
    2. Should not be very well known. Your precious SCT was one of the most insecure tracker on earth because every one seemed to be know its name and url.
    3. The smallest the better. It is on the assumption that the Agencies would not waste time running tiny trackers but would rather go after the big names.

These four conditions do not indicate towards a safest tracker but they would help you to find a safer tracker.
    Do you think SCC meets these requirements?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SCC is a good tracker but you yourself know that it is a well known tracker. Anyone can find its url very easily. It is not harder to get in. But anyhow that is the case with most of the known trackers trackers. The same thing can be said about TL, GFT, HT, DDT etc. You should probably look for some secret tracker if you are experienced torrenter. If you can't find one then the safest prcedure would be to log in through a paid and reliable proxy system for downloading and browsing. I think such a thing is called VPN if I am not wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    any tracker can be safer with a seedbox. Xirvik comes with http proxy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by RizKhan25000 View Post

so wrong

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The only safe tracker is the one with a single member (yourself). Any time someone gets invited that you don't know in real life, your tracker is no longer safe.

If you can get invited to a tracker, don't you think an anti-P2P employee who gets PAID to get into these sites can do it too?

Yawn @ paranoia.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Yawn @ paranoia.
    you got that right.
    ftwr closed because there was no motivation to run it.
    Fort knox and sct,intentionally closed to conceal evidence to protect specific persons for possibly their own individual mistakes.
    Where does this secure v/s insecure tracker debate come from?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    i think all "national" trackers are good enough as long as you're foreign to them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast