Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conspiracy Theory Behind SCT and FTWR Closure

Enzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i don't think is for the money.. because the money they made don't last forever...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiancE View Post
    You guys are like old ladies.
    you mean she
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    that's some of the stupidest shit i've heard so far

sure, the people who live off their parents probably don't understand but how far could some donation bucks get you? a months rent at most?

pfft

how soon some people forget....these guys put 4+ years of their lives into making the greatest torrent tracker on the net. It's plain idiotic to think that amount of hard work would ever be compromised for small amount of money.
    you are probably right,so what do you think this premeditated shut down is owed to?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i dont think it was premeditated

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    There are three reasons why a site will legitimately drop: Financial, technical and Legal. Lessor reasons such as dropping membership and disillusionment of staff may be other reasons but imho, none of the above seem to apply to ScT. The site was up and running, donations were high and steady, no news (ofc we'd read about it in the press ala Oink and others) of a police takedown; so, what's left?

What we saw was an internal decision by the owner/admin, to pull the pin on the site with one day notice. This and all above is fact - not speculation.

With that said, someone explain to me why a healthy, active site goes poof in one day when there appears to be no external reason for that. The reason then rests internally, and likely personally. As Sherlock Holmes says: Eliminate all the possibilities and whatever you are left with, however improbable or seemingly unlikely, is the reason.

I also suggest that site admin of ScT or anywhere don't just wake up one day and decide to pull a pin on a site unless there is financial, technical or direct legal difficulty. Either way it seems a premeditated and planned action.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    There are three reasons why a site will legitimately drop: Financial, technical and Legal. Lessor reasons such as dropping membership and disillusionment of staff may be other reasons but imho, none of the above seem to apply to ScT. The site was up and running, donations were high and steady, no news (ofc we'd read about it in the press ala Oink and others) of a police takedown; so, what's left?

What we saw was an internal decision by the owner/admin, to pull the pin on the site with one day notice. This and all above is fact - not speculation.

With that said, someone explain to me why a healthy, active site goes poof in one day when there appears to be no external reason for that. The reason then rests internally, and likely personally. As Sherlock Holmes says: Eliminate all the possibilities and whatever you are left with, however improbable or seemingly unlikely, is the reason.

I also suggest that site admin of ScT or anywhere don't just wake up one day and decide to pull a pin on a site unless there is financial, technical or direct legal difficulty. Either way it seems a premeditated and planned action.
    4 reasons

1. Financial
    2. Technical
    3. Legal
    4. Jew

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    SCT released a .nfo that explains why they are shutting down. I am wondering if TT will still stay up considering djGrrr's affiliation with both sites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Explanation was given for both, which was a surprise for me after all the cynicism. So unless you want to go all 9/11 on this thread and analyze each detail and know who was where and at what time...we have our answers.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 11-29-2009 at 05:56 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I read the ScT nfo and I still don't believe it. ScT staff got arrested, yet the tracker is still up and running, they're still moderating the forums, they "accidentally" put an ScT V.2 graphic on the About page -- and they can choose when they shut down? That makes no sense to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    the ScT V.2 page (about.php) is ~1 year old.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rainertunes View Post
    I read the ScT nfo and I still don't believe it. ScT staff got arrested, yet the tracker is still up and running, they're still moderating the forums, they "accidentally" put an ScT V.2 graphic on the About page -- and they can choose when they shut down? That makes no sense to me.
    some got arrested and a few of the staff are hanging on the irc and Feeling is checking FST threads even that arrest announcemnt came up very late perhaps to cover the tracks also anew tracker is being announced

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast