Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is It Safe To Leave A Computer On

BANNED
    all the servers that "host" internet (sites, game servers, files servers) are on 24-7...

and yes its healthier because of the static..

besides....i bet you waste more electricity when u turn it on than when u use it for some time

DWk

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Sparsely@14 October 2003 - 07:11
    Another option is Standby and Hibernation...check your power options in Windows to set it up. And you may have to
    change your BIOS settings, but they're generally set to Suspend-To-RAM now, which is what you want.
    i have a question. how much power is saved when u stand by? and doesn't standbying also cause elec to run through the comp, causing static?

and also, y are all my fans running when i hibernate? shouldn't they be off?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's safe to do.. and yes it's better for the computer.

Before you benchmark tho, turn it off few about 30 mins and make sure the graphics card is 100% cooled. You will get a slight increase in benchmark score. ( I know i got 500 more points in Aquamark)
    Dont let this temp u to just start turning off and on, cause it's more painfull for your graphics card to startup and shutdown your computer everyday than leaving it on constantly (only extremely slightly slower sometimes.. you cant tell, so it's worth having it last longer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12