Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slowww

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    No, a recovery disc will reset it to factory settings just like when u bought it, a clean everything.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I too think something is running in the back ground its a bit weird it only started after T3 !!!
    If you mean "overclock" it not possible unless in the cmos if goes up in 1 mhz's mine does then with that speed you wouldn't get much more speed go here and you will see what I mean.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/2000...iumiii-05.html

It could be a memory problem with your video card that draws they can go down just like that, test it not online to see if it can open a picture quickly then another an another and see when it slows down should be able to open lots depending on how much memory the card as.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ok look at my specs...and my comp runs fast! Within reason lol....Reformat your harddrive and reinstall windows!

Edit: I only have 320MB of ram
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    YEah, it used to be fast but now it is just slow it loads up pages slow, it opens up programs way slower than it used to and when I type on the internet I don't see what I write as I type I have to wait until I complete the word or the sentence.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Sounds like mass adware on your system, Or you could have a virus.
    try turning your browsers cache up and clean out the temp internet files and cookies. To be safe run an adware program i use adaware, but use the lastest refrence files.
    h!!p://www.lavasoft.de/update/refs/reflist.zip
    Scan the computer for viruses don't forget to use the latest virus defs also.
    hope this helps

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    when your encoding or you don't have to switch programs, shut down everything, including explorer.exe. Use the task manager to swich betwen program and if you wanna open something new use new task and either type the name and path or explorer.exe.

also you may have melted something when you were encoding T3. On my machine encoding takes forever and i have a P4 2.4. Encoding too much can kill a computer because it uses everything thing you computer has for hours stright.

if i had the money i would get a new computer. Its been way too long since you got one.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I fixed it i did a clean install of Windows XP and it's working very well. Thanxs to all that helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12