Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lmao Eagles Have A Greatest Hits?

Ella's Avatar Upside down
    Oh....I still hate the Eagles.

STFU all.....
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

2. Music   -   #32
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Hm I thought they had one greatest hit..

3. Music   -   #33
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Hm I thought they had one greatest hit..
    haev a look at allmusic.com

4. Music   -   #34
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I really like the song "Hotel California" by Eagles.

5. Music   -   #35
    The Eagles Greatest Hits - Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, released on Elektra/Asylum Records, have sold 28M and 11M units respectively. Didn&#39;t the band have to resort to litigation because they were being cheated out of their fair share of the profits due to creative accounting techniques?

this set is on a different label, so maybe they&#39;re trying to recoup some &#036;&#036;&#036; and regain some control over their own product.

whether you like The Eagles music or not, Don Henley certainly is a major thorn in the side of the record companies and the RIAA.

[henley rant] c. 2002

"....Having thus come to my senses, I, too, would then be able to sign fledgling artists to unconscionable, long-term contracts with all those juicy deduction clauses like the one for breakage that dates back to 1928, when the records were made of shellac and would shatter if dropped. Tried to break a CD lately? Why, you couldn’t break one if you wedged it horizontally between Zach Horowitz’s butt cheeks and told him that all his master copyrights were about to revert to the true owners, the artists. But never mind that now. Then I could stick those stupid artists with at least 50% of the independent-promotion costs, even though they had nothing to do with allowing that practice to become institutionalized. For an encore, I could whack ’em again with "free goods," packaging deductions, video costs, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

"Sit your temperamental, flaky, naive ass down here, artist. Disgruntled about your deal after your third album sold 5 million copies? Sure, we’ll renegotiate with you. We’ll just give you what basically amounts to your own money, which we’ve been holding in the pipeline and collecting interest on, but we’re also gonna start the clock all over again and tack on three more albums at the end so that you’re essentially starting all over again. It’s a beautiful thing. You’re gonna love it here—for the rest of your career, which actually could be over in five minutes, but hey, that’s not our problem (we own your master copyrights, you boob). So you can just sell the house in the hills and go back to that crappy little town you came from, and the world ‘will not long remember what we did here, etc…’ We’ll just write off any losses we may have incurred (although we really haven’t incurred any). It’s just the cost of doing business. Then we’ll proceed to the next gullible sap with a dream. You came from diddlysquat, and you’ll get used to diddlysquat again.

"Meanwhile, here at media-mogul headquarters, we’ve got to lock up the house in Santa Barbara, as well as the one in the Hamptons (plus the vacation pad in Acapulco) and rush off to get the corporate jet serviced. It’s in dire need of a tune-up after all those trips to France, and the new one won’t be delivered until we find the next Flavor-of-the-Month and bring in some serious profits (or prophets—we could really use either). After all, we’ve got to fund our mass-production assembly line somehow. You know—all the crap we sign just because some 21-year-old A&R man tells us it’s brilliant. You can’t expect us to sacrifice our bottom line just for the sake of culture. We don’t give a shit about culture. That kind of starry-eyed idealism doesn’t fit in with our plan for world domination, much less the plans of our board of directors and our major stockholders. We’ve got quarterly reports to file, and we’ve got a 90%-plus failure rate that screams out, ‘We don’t know what the fuck we’re doing.’’

6. Music   -   #36
    BobTheGoldFish
    The only song I ever come to the surface to listen to is Hotel California and thats only if theres some decent smoke coming from the bong that gets put next too me, the rest of there stuff I dive deep and hide in my dodgy looking plastic ship wreck.

Bob The Grunge GoldFish

7. Music   -   #37
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    Actually, The Gypsy Kings do a half-way decent cover of &#39;Hotel California&#39;.
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

8. Music   -   #38
    Crikey, what a bizzarre thread, i must come remember to come into musicworld
    more often.

Just wanted to add that i thought the reference to &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39; was quite funny, and that i was surprised that no-one else did. I really love that film.

To Ella- That guy&#39;s just winding you up, take no notice. I think celery scared him off anyway.

On topic- I like The Eagles but &#39;Hotel California&#39; really grates now when i hear it. All the Best of.... Greatest Hits.... etc albums, aren&#39;t the fault of the artists. It&#39;s the label fat cats who are behind the aggressive marketing strategies.

9. Music   -   #39
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Actually, The Gypsy Kings do a half-way decent cover of &#39;Hotel California&#39;.
    what becasue they didn&#39;t wrtie it

10. Music   -   #40
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Some guy before Ad
    Just wanted to add that i thought the reference to &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39; was quite funny, and that i was surprised that no-one else did. I really love that film
    That the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title, as that part of the movie made me laugh really hard.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast