Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Win95

Windows 95 is the best.....

UNTIL XP GAME OUT

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Guys,
    I was given this old laptop from '97 last month from within the family, as is, no install disk, no literature, etc, that came running 95. It's very limited:

ACER AcerNote Light
    Model - 370C
    Ext. No - 372
    Serial # - ***-***-****
    DC Rating - 20V 1.7A
    MFG Date - 1-15-97

Microsoft Windows 95, 4.00.950, IE 5 5.00.2314.1003

RAM: 16MB
    HD SPACE: 1gb
    (I think): 120mhz
    CD-ROM (But No Floppy Drive&#33

ACER MANUAL PDF:
    http://www.acersupport.com/library/an370ug.pdf
    -> Anyway, that's just to give you some background.
    I ran into some crap when I tried to install the drivers for a LAN card to use w/ my home broadband connection. That installation process required that Windows be upgraded to version "a" or "b". I downloaded Service Pack 1, burned it elsewhere & installed it on the Acer which was fine, but nearing the end of the LAN card installation process, it still wanted me to insert my 95 Install disk, which I of coarse didn't have.
    From then on, it gets ugly & rookie-mistakish & I don't want to get into the gory details for you (or myself again ), but suffice it to say that the OS is now corrupt, applications don't open w/out error messages, & I repeatedly recieve "xx.dll is missing" or "there was an internal error" messages. Basically, I need to download a bootable Win 95b Install disk, and provide windows w/ all these missing files it so sorely needs & eventually complete that LAN card installation process (or even reformat & reinstall if need be -- I do have the M$ Win95 critical update links already...)... & I'm finding absolutely NOTHING in searches on K++ 2.4.3. ["Windows 95" in Software, "Win95", etc]

-> So after all that, I simply asking: can anyone point me to a Win95b bootable Install disk, please?

Cheers!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    9 out of 10 times when it asks you to insert your Windows disk, you can simply point to the folder C:\Windows\Options\Cabs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, go figure that this was that one time, Nightwolf, as I was assisted through every troubleshooting angle in the book, still pointing to the fact that I need the Install Disk.

Anyway, anyone ever see a release for it on this forum or know how to phrase the keyword in a k++ search?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    There's several versions on emule.

If you still can't find it, send me a message here >

http://s89291739.onlinehome.us/forum/

and I'll see what I can do for you.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    There's nothing wrong using OS 95. In fact there is no XP without the original windows.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    *cough*DOS GUI*cough*

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Why, you can't be here without original OS?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    So after all that, I simply asking: can anyone point me to a Win95b bootable Install disk, please?
    Ok I can do an iso if you want but the disc is 600+meg when all you need are the cabs really at about 80 then get a bootdisk and thats it or I could do the lot into an iso and just stick it on KaZaa.
    Pm me cause I am in the UK so times very,

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    we still use 95 at work ....I like to practice rebooting and oh yes ctrl. alt. del. most used keys haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast