Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: NZB Indexing sites

Quote Originally Posted by MysticRiffs View Post
    The only downside to Tor that I can see is that skipping around sites can be enormously slow as you're onion routed around the world from link to link, so you're ending up with the speed of the slowest skip point (makin' this stuff up as I go along, so the terminology may be classically Aussie and therefore dodgy as hell).

If you end up with a great connection, though, Tor is intriguing, for sure, and something akin to it is probably the next digital step for the likes of us, eventually. What we really need is something bright and shiny to distract politicians trying to gain voters by appearing half way intelligent, so they can leave us poor bastards alone.
    I will agree that Tor is much like any other network...its only as good as it's weakest link. That being said, they have made some serious improvements in the speed of the network over the last 2 years and even over the last few months. After the botnet linked into tor, they made some changes that have sped things up even more. I havent checked in on them in a few weeks but I dont believe the 3.4 series is release yet. That is where some of the huge improvements were for my browsing. They may have pushed some of those into the mainline but i have not tested it out yet. I used tor way back in the day and you could expect to wait up to a minute for a page to load. The was partially because tor was slow and partially because websites didnt have any kind of optimizations to make it easier for tor to pull everything down.

Tor is significantly slower (still) than browsing plainweb but its easy enough to optimize a site for tor. Not to get on a sales pitch but if you check out the site and browse to a section that has covers, check out how long it takes for us to load the covers vs a site you normally browse. It probably wont knock your socks off if you are already using one of the top sites as they have probably done some of the general optimizations but it should be around 20% faster on average than a site optimized with a plainweb experience as its "marker". On average it takes me about 3-8 seconds to load a page including parsing the covers so yeah, its slower...but hopefully you have an automation system that takes out 90% of your need for browsing so that you can trunk it through the api and only have to login to the site every once in a while (which kind of kills the want for community but meh).

Side note: I'm either having issues with double-posting and having both posts getting moderated or I am somehow deleting my posts after I post...not sure which but whoever mods this post if you could just let me know so I'm not a nuisance.

2. Newsgroups   -   #172
    Side note: I'm either having issues with double-posting and having both posts getting moderated or I am somehow deleting my posts after I post...not sure which but whoever mods this post if you could just let me know so I'm not a nuisance.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We have an automated system that puts posts meeting certain criteria in the moderation queue, invisible to anyone other than the forum staff. It is extremely helpful in hiding spam before it even reaches the public, but sometimes it catches legitimate posts like yours. In that case, you have to wait until we approve it manually.

Once 15 days have passed since your registration date, you'll no longer be in the "n00b" class, and the filter will leave you alone.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Newsgroups   -   #173
    Not a problem at all. I wanted to ensure I was not causing extra work for the mods. It also seems that I've been freed from the noob rank so we are definitely good to go. Thanks for the reply!

4. Newsgroups   -   #174
    I'm surprised so few people mention nmatrix.co.za it's actually pretty awesome. Usenetcrawler.com and oznzb also get my vote, oznzb is easily the best I've used though. Between those 3 I'm pretty much set.

5. Newsgroups   -   #175
    Are there any free NZB sites that offer RSS feeds? There are a lot of sites in the thread, but they seem like limited shareware versions of NZB sites.
    Last edited by Sometwo; 12-30-2013 at 02:22 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometwo View Post
    Are there any free NZB sites that offer RSS feeds? There are a lot of sites in the thread, but they seem like limited shareware versions of NZB sites.
    We are all about RSS feeds over at http://nnpbetabzsneptym.onion/
    As long as your are okay with accessing via tor, we've got you covered. Totally free, no required payments. If you like the site, donate so we can stay around and pay the bills. If you dont like it that much, don't donate! Check us out, let me know what you think, and most importantly, ENJOY!

PS: Yes, it is the default NNP template...we have covered that a couple times in various places but it comes down to reducing JS over Tor and keeping the formatting decent. (Also a wee bit of laziness)

7. Newsgroups   -   #177
    Hi all,

What do people use for BD ISO? I keep seeing releases listed on predb.me but cant find the nzb. Someone said to try bd25.org but I think its down!

Many thanks in advance

8. Newsgroups   -   #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometwo View Post
    binsearch

9. Newsgroups   -   #179
    Anyone know what happened to ubernzb.com?

10. Newsgroups   -   #180
    What happened to gingadaddy.com? Gives only timeout...

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast