Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singer Elliot Smith Dead At 34

Out of The Ordinary
    R.I.P Elliot

2. Music   -   #12
    i met that guy once, when he was touring for his album Either/Or. he was wearing a Hank Williams Jr t-shirt. apparently he wore that shirt a lot.

3. Music   -   #13
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Update:

At the time of his death, Elliott was recording his sixth album, “From A Basement On The Hill”.

Elliott's Dreamworks A&R, Luke Wood, said that 30 songs had been recorded for 'From A Basement On The Hill': "I think there's definitely enough of that record, that his family will be able to finish it up. They're gonna decide where it comes out, because that record was his record - Dreamworks gave it back to him - and it was gonna come out on an independent label of his choosing, and now that'll be the family's choice. So, you know, hopefully next year we'll all get to hear it."

Luke Wood continued to describe the album as a "true summary of all of his records" that veers from the "intimate, brutally honest two-track guitar/vocal, you know, that certainly signified the earlier records, to these bizarre, lush, beautiful, hectic, you know, really pushing-the-envelope sort of stereo, spectral, soundscape, multi-track drum songs... [like] something you'd hear off of Pet Sounds, but in the most, you know, creative, pushing-the-envelope moments of Pet Sounds."

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

CC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12