Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See You Later, Anti-gators?

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wednesday@27 October 2003 - 16:21
    I agree with your sentiments about shareware UKMan, but, as Shareholder points out, in future, Gator and like corporations may not be counted as "spyware organisations" and thus will be able to freely invade everyone's computer without permission.

Some interesting articles are to be found on the following site.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/ads/gator
    Yes - i understand the argument but thx for pointing it out to me anyway

By the way - NOBODY can invade your PC without your permission. Even if the statements and rules of downloading are sometimes diffuse and hard to understand or even find, they are allways there, it still takes YOUR participation to agree. Having said that, i have to admit that the rules of combat are sometimes missused

Peace
    UKMan

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Sorry. I didn't mean to be patronising.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i hate it when my g/f uses my laptop. i have virus protection, pop-up blocker, ad-removal programs, but when she plays games on gamesville or even yahoo, somehow(i haven't checked thuroughly yet) gator gets on from a clock program or calendar program. wtf do i need that for??

so point is...if you dont want stupid programs like gator to get on your pc, don't let anyone else use it, unless they too are knowledgable of it.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wednesday@27 October 2003 - 18:30
    Sorry.  I didn't mean to be patronising.
    Hey - i honestly didnt take it as that - lol I thanked you for pointing the article out to me - thx again.

Welcome to this forum by the way

Peace
    UKMan

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaalite911@27 October 2003 - 17:40

so point is...if you dont want stupid programs like gator to get on your pc, don't let anyone else use it, unless they too are knowledgable of it.
    Block 'em!
    In your firewall and hosts file.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    no one but me uses my computer
    ive installed a face recognition software,
    mounted a shotgun to the case,
    welded a wire to the trigger and the other end to the cd tray,
    if the computer doesnt recognize my face the cd tray closes and BLAM,
    one less person in the world

hows that 4 keeping ppl off ur computer

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaalite911@27 October 2003 - 17:40
    i hate it when my g/f uses my laptop. i have virus protection, pop-up blocker, ad-removal programs, but when she plays games on gamesville or even yahoo, somehow(i haven't checked thuroughly yet) gator gets on from a clock program or calendar program. wtf do i need that for??

hehe i got the same probs with my wife she doesnt have a clue about security and thinks im being paranoid all the time with all those progs i use ! until recently the worm went about and u heard of it everywhere including on the radio and then she began to relise i was right !
    Open your mind

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nanotek+27 October 2003 - 20:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nanotek @ 27 October 2003 - 20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaalite911@27 October 2003 - 17:40
    i hate it when my g/f uses my laptop. i have virus protection, pop-up blocker, ad-removal programs, but when she plays games on gamesville or even yahoo, somehow(i haven&#39;t checked thuroughly yet) gator gets on from a clock program or calendar program. wtf do i need that for??

so point is...if you dont want stupid programs like gator to get on your pc, don&#39;t let anyone else use it, unless they too are knowledgable of it.
    hehe i got the same probs with my wife she doesnt have a clue about security and thinks im being paranoid all the time with all those progs i use &#33; until recently the worm went about and u heard of it everywhere including on the radio and then she began to relise i was right &#33; [/b][/quote]
    Thank God i only have a cat

Peace
    UKMan

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Is it rude to ask Sharedholder for his input?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Thank you UKMan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12