Thread: How Can You Protect Your Ip

I didn't relize how easy it was to get someones IP and get all there info. Is there a way to block it or some one just can't help it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    what info? your isp and general location
    really nothing short of proxies that you can do
    what are you afraid of?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    you can use a socks 5 proxy server/s for just about everything u use on the net with the right program controling it
    or if your just talking browser use anon http server

EDIT: reguarding the above the last guy that ent me spam form his ip i got his name address and phone number (yes i did ring him)
    and there are been plenty of instances when all you need is an ip to get all of the above info....

EDIT: the lamer has had his internet taken off him LMAO
    just for the record i HATE spammers...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by joe1234567890@27 October 2003 - 06:24
    I didn't relize how easy it was to get someones IP and get all there info. Is there a way to block it or some one just can't help it?
    Your IP has to be available for communication, Emai, web pages, etc. They have to know your address otherwise how would you receive it

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Most people assume proxies will solve the problem of identity - but it dont. Your ISP will ALLWAYS know what you are doing (IF they take the time to look of course).

Peace
    UKMan

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Request a Dynimac IP, They cost, but I got one as standard.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan@27 October 2003 - 23:03
    Most people assume proxies will solve the problem of identity - but it dont. Your ISP will ALLWAYS know what you are doing (IF they take the time to look of course).

Peace
    UKMan
    yes but i really dont think he was worried about his ISP getting his IP....

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by exeus+27 October 2003 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (exeus @ 27 October 2003 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@27 October 2003 - 23:03

Peace
    UKMan
    yes but i really dont think he was worried about his ISP getting his IP.... [/b][/quote]
    Thats probably true - i was only stating a fact some people seem to forget when using proxies. Someone somewhere allways knows what you do and who you are. You are never truly safe - even behind a company firewall or router. It can all be traced if someone bothers to take the time B)

Peace
    UKMan

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan+28 October 2003 - 00:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 28 October 2003 - 00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by exeus@27 October 2003 - 16:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan
    @27 October 2003 - 23:03

Peace
    UKMan

yes but i really dont think he was worried about his ISP getting his IP....
    Thats probably true - i was only stating a fact some people seem to forget when using proxies. Someone somewhere allways knows what you do and who you are. You are never truly safe - even behind a company firewall or router. It can all be traced if someone bothers to take the time B)

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    yes you are correct there is NO privacy on the net but you can hide from the majority of ppl on the net