Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suprnova

whats dail-up....lol seriously after getting high speed for so long and dling things at 60 kB/s and now 150-350 kB/s i would get a rage tantrum just having to watch it go at 5kB/s top.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@1 November 2003 - 16:47
    whats dail-up....lol seriously after getting high speed for so long and dling things at 60 kB/s and now 150-350 kB/s i would get a rage tantrum just having to watch it go at 5kB/s top.
    There's people on 'broadband' who are limited to less GB/month than is theoretically (or even actually) possible on a 56k with near-constant useage over a month.

And others, who due to a mis-configured connection or outright ISP p2p blocking, that can't get 5 KB/sec download (and upload&#33 speeds on KL++.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 November 2003 - 14:44
    but what about ppl who have monthly bw allotments?

they have to limit their upload to a certain degree, otherwise they wouldn't survive on bittorrent at all.

ppl who live in uk in some isp give them something like 1.5GB a month, that's not a lot at all. so they have to find some way to upload 1.5GB a month without going over, otherwise isp cap their traffic so bad, it's no different than using a 56k.

they HAVE TO LEECH.

nothing they can do about that
    wtf u talking bout
    only a few cap people adn thats to only 1 gig A DAY no month

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Originally posted by scribblec@1 November 2003 - 23:34
    True, and if your capped at 1GB a month for $40, fucking cancel and get NetZero dial up for fucking free, I see no difference. If you get bb but max out your limit in a week then its worthless...

BTW - Has anyone tried the new Shareaza BT client, seems ok, though what is the deffinition of "choked", no dl, but they areul off me...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Originally posted by REALITY+2 November 2003 - 07:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 2 November 2003 - 07:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@1 November 2003 - 23:34
    True, and if your capped at 1GB a month for &#036;40, fucking cancel and get NetZero dial up for fucking free, I see no difference. If you get bb but max out your limit in a week then its worthless...

BTW - Has anyone tried the new Shareaza BT client, seems ok, though what is the deffinition of "choked", no dl, but they areul off me... [/b][/quote]
    nah i use all clients seperatly bt kazaa mirc emule

all seperalty

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Fasttracker A
    See Bic raises a very good point.When you download while using bittorrent it is very rare that you are uploading zero kbs.
    And if you are its allmost certin that nobody need the peices you have.
    There is no way to turn uploading off in bitorrent ,unlike kazaa klite and her p2p&#39;s.
    So that being said bittorrent is very file sharing friendly.

Now what stoi says is true ,but it dosent work exactly like that in all cases.
    The hashing system makes sure everyone is getting good/great speeds.
    And in the future super seeding will only improve and prevent leaching and help insure evryone gets equal speeds.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Originally posted by nahan@2 November 2003 - 08:34
    See Bic raises a very good point.When you download while using bittorrent it is very rare that you are uploading zero kbs.
    And if you are its allmost certin hat nobody need the peices you have.
    There is no way to turn uploading off in bitorrent ,unlike kazaa klite and her p2p&#39;s.
    So that being said bittorrent is very file sharing friendly.

Now what stoi says is true ,but it dosent work exactly like that in all cases.
    The hashing system makes sure everyone is getting good/great speeds.
    And in the future super seeding will only improve and prevent leaching and help insure evryone gets equal speeds.
    there r clients which dont let u upload....

but i use shadows experimental i recoomend to everyone its the best around

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Fasttracker A
    We all know about bt jerk and the latter such, but they dont work the same
    And you just want achieve the same consistant speeds that you get using unhacked source code.
    Like I said "very rare".

I use 321b and see no reason to switch even though I have tried all of the oher clients.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Originally posted by nahan@2 November 2003 - 08:47
    We all know about bt jerk and the latter such, but they dont work the same
    And you just want achieve the same consistant speeds that you get using unhacked source code.

I use 321b and see no reason to switch even though I have tried all of the oher clients.
    but the original bt client is so optionless

it doesnt tell u if the file has any seeds and such upload setting when u r doing something and just much more advance and better overall

i went back to normal client once and it just sucked so lifeless and slow downlaods

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    I&#39;m sticking with the new BT client in Shareaza for now, at least that keeps my BT and eDonkey shit in one along with G1 and G2. Point is I just don&#39;t use any of these enough to want them all seperated, though I still use them...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast