Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK so I'm a goddamn sellout

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'm sooo not proud of what I came here to say. After many years of my shit talking and bitching about Apple products and vowing never to have an apple product in my home. I went and got the ipad 32 gig. I'm such a whore it isn't even funny. Admittedly I did want to check it out but on Easter Sunday my wife said she had wanted one as a joke I think. It had clicked in my head that a shady friend of mine, well most of my friends are shady, had mentioned he knew a guy, who knew a guy that "found" a few that fell off a truck So I got one for $250 talked down from $350 which is still cheap as he was selling them to most for $500 for the 32 gig. Shrewd as an Arab trader I am Turns out this far I kind of like it. I just opened it and had to install itunes for the first time in my life. I'm combing the interwebs for the jailbreak when it comes out so if anyone knows about this please let me know. Thanks. I still can't believe what a sellout I am and I'm sorry if I let you guys down. I'll take some pics in the morn.
    Last edited by Detale; 04-06-2010 at 07:11 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    As long as you don't become a Steve Jobs worshipper, we're ok

By the way, is it correct it can only run one application at a time? How's battery life?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It's kinda like finding out a friend is gay, or vegetarian. You eventually accept them, but always wonder why...

Actually, another friend was showing me his iPod. Kinda cool, really. Hope you enjoy your new toy!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It's kinda like finding out a friend is gay, or vegetarian. You eventually accept them, but always wonder why...

Actually, another friend was showing me his iPod. Kinda cool, really. Hope you enjoy your new toy!
    So people accepted you after you came out of the closet? You are going to be so happy with your Chalice love... congratulations

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

So people accepted you after you came out of the closet? You are going to be so happy with your Chalice love... congratulations
    Learn to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yeah only one app at a time. No Flash player either, no browser choice (only safari) but the thing is incredible responsive and a pretty good toy. Kind of like a cross between an iphone and a netbook. Internet loads faster than my wife's netbook though. Here are a few pics of it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You'll have to let me know if you can snag another one for $250. Seriously.

As for jailbreaking - stay tuned.
    Last edited by Skiz; 04-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks bud, I read that article also. It's not ready for the "consumer" grade yet I figure a few weeks or so should be ready. I already called him for someone else to see if he has anymore. If so I'll let you know bud. Shirley these are going fast tho
    Last edited by Detale; 04-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think that Lightnin McQueen will last longer Im holdin out for price drop

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well 'ol Lightnin' has been around for 5 years now since my first son started liking him. We're on kid number 3 and they all LOVE Disney Cars so I figure he'll be around in one way or another for a few more years at least. As far as computers go if you check my history here in those 5 years i have gone through prob 6-8 new computers so I imagine I'll be on to something else soon.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast