Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Xp Themes.

quick question..

is it not possible to use a user image on top of the start menu with the metal theme?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #102
    Thanks!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #103
    @Jordank87 & Burre

The tool bar is called YZ dock and is available here

If you had read the text file included with the theme you would have found this out yourself. It then took me 10 seconds with google for me to find you that link

The files you have been trying to install are, in fact, theme files. When you install YZ dock, there'll probably be a text file telling you how to install the themes.

@Burre. No mate, it's not possible to have a user pic. It would look crap anyway (IMO)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #104
    Thx for info, but:
    The tool bar is called YZ dock and is available here

no, its not.
    the creator of this had some problems with apple, so the distributin of Y's dock has stopped. the versions available is full of bugs.

your link was to Y's toolbar, but thanks anyway, works great

I tried object dock, but that thing is just shit to customize!! didn't work to "drag and drop", remove icons one doesn't like, etc.

BTW, is it not possible to make the Y's toolbar buttons in IE bigger?
    they're so small!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #105
    These themes are sweet. B)
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #106
    Could someone please answer this for me: where to should I exract a .xptheme file that contains cursors?

I am trying to change my cursors to match the theme, but I can&#39;t get them out of that damn .xptheme folder.
    and I don&#39;t want to change the entire theme I already have.. please help..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #107
    I Decided To Get That PixOS That Someone Posted Earlier

8. Software & Hardware   -   #108
    Nice, Dapadipz,

I&#39;ve been using this theme since I found this thread, and searched the web a little.

still have to adjust some colors and shit, couldn&#39;t find all I wanted in the same colour, so I had to change some icons. but this is not complete yet.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #109
    Maybe i&#39;m just getting old, but i really don&#39;t like these bold chunky themes. Dapadiz&#39; i quite like, but your theme Burre, to me, looks horrible. That&#39;s just my opinion though. I&#39;m still happily using Opus metal by b0se.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #110
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by Burre@11 November 2003 - 15:39
    Could someone please answer this for me: where to should I exract a .xptheme file that contains cursors?

I am trying to change my cursors to match the theme, but I can&#39;t get them out of that damn .xptheme folder.
    and I don&#39;t want to change the entire theme I already have.. please help..
    Exactly what sort of "XP theme" files are we speaking of here?

The windows theme file for XP itself, should go into: C:&#092;WINDOWS&#092;Resources&#092;Themes .

If we are speaking of an .msstyles file then I suggest placing it along with any .dll shell files you may have received into a seperate folder of the same name as your your .msstyles file. Place this new folder into the same WINDOWS directory. If you have done this correctly, you should see it appear on your "appearance" tab in "display properties".

If the theme is truely complete, then a wallpaper should have also been supplied. That can placed within the theme folder you just created as well. Any fonts supplied should go into C:&#092;WINDOWS&#092;Resources&#092;fonts .

The cursors must be handled seperately. Extract them all into C:&#092;WINDOWS&#092;cursors . Make certain that they are not within their own folder before you extract/unzip. You can apply them afterwards by going into control panel>printers and other hardware>mouse>pointers . Select them from the drop down bar.

After all this is done you can then "save your current theme" in "display properties" afterwhich the cursor set will automatically be applied when you select this theme.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast