Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fastest 56k Speed

*mooseman is poor*

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    download managers help it a bit. like DAP. it gets all the best sources for dling.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Before when I had 56k, I had speeds of 10kb/s, without any extra crap and other stuff.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by hugoharding+10 November 2003 - 21:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hugoharding &#064; 10 November 2003 - 21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MadDog&#045;2000@10 November 2003 - 20:21
    There is a way to double your DL speed with 56k Modem&#33;

Well, you really need 2. 56k Modems and set a few things under XP, so it will bundle both connections and treat them like one single connection. Only problem is that you need to dial-up both 56k modems every time but you will get like 10 KB/sec downloads&#33; Maximum transmision speed of 1. 56k modem is 7.075 KB/sec, so with both modems working your maximum could be 14.15 KB/sec.

I tried it in my area with my old EarthLink account and they don&#39;t seem to care (or know) if I was logged on with the same username and password twice&#33; Anway, I got 1.5 Mbps DSL know and don&#39;t really care about that little trick anymore.
    Can you explain how to do this please.

cheers,

Hugo. [/b][/quote]

There&#39;s one eensy weensy little thing that MadDog-2000 forgot to mention.....

For this super duper tip to work, there&#39;s a small matter of needing two seperate phonelines, not a splitter mind, two numbers.

As was suggested, the only thing you can do is ask your telecom company to turn up the gain on your line. This probably won&#39;t help though, and may even deteriorate the quality of your voice calls.
    You&#39;re stuck with a crap connection i&#39;m afraid mate. If there was some magic trick, everyone would be using it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I connect at 49.2 kbps.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    There is a way to double your DL speed with 56k Modem&#33;
    Well, you really need 2. 56k Modems and set a few things under XP, so it will bundle both connections and treat them like one single connection. Only problem is that you need to dial-up both 56k modems every time but you will get like 10 KB/sec downloads&#33; Maximum transmision speed of 1. 56k modem is 7.075 KB/sec, so with both modems working your maximum could be 14.15 KB/sec.
    Like LTJ said u need 2 phone lines with 2 numbers...also the area you live in must support modem-linking...meaning that both youre lines must be able to accept that speed...I live in Thailand and I cant do this even with 2 separate phone lines simply becaus the phone lines in my area do not support that speed, which is y im stuck with single dial-up (dsl, cable, isdn - not even an option)...i know that sounds gay but you might wanna check and see if you can even do this before going out and getting another phone number...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    easier solution would be to buy a shotgun modem

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yeah, I&#39;m still living in the stone age too, I usually get about 5 or 6 kb/s. We are also poor and live out in the middle of no were&#39;s land.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123