Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: IMAGiNE

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    was it open sign up at all today ?
    I think not, and if it was, I certainly didn't catch them open.
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it myself, wouldn't mind joining up. STG was my fav encoder now IMAGINE and Prism are about the best in my opinion.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    If their releases are leaked on way more popular trackers, they will struggle to maintain torrent activity.
    No torrent activity = no users on the tracker
    no users on the tracker = less donations
    no donations = ...

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy2 View Post
    My opinion is that you can hardly blame people for wanting in, now whether thats because they would make use of whats on offer or because its the latest greatest new must site you just have to have I guess you still cant blame people for being human.

The question is for me more one of how will the “leaks” and posting of links affect the possibility of opening the doors? It does after all appear that someone with access to or information on the site is comfortable in giving out info on the site.
    Not sure if you knew this, but I always thought you were sort of weird/closer to hypocritical than reasonable (with the "why people hunt rare trackers" debate, that I've seen you raise the point of twice). This post is the opposite, and I just wanted to say it's nice to see a side of you I can appreciate/like.

I still chalk this entire farce up to a giant misunderstanding. There was no intention of the site ever being "elitist" or "exclusive". Just a place for people who knew the ropes/aren't run-of-the-mill one-visit members. They opened a site, invited friends in, then gave their friends invites in order to build a core member base before the launch. Technically, the site was still in late-alpha/early-beta. A lot of sites do the same, so I'm not sure what made this site's start-up the subject of so much hatred/angst. Perhaps because it's a new niche that few think will be justifiable, or because everyone jumped ship thinking they were trying to be the next CN (when it started out). Either way, people misconstrued the intentions of the tracker/staff, even after the fact that open signups were announced (date tbd issues aside). Clearly it was never going to be a 1337 site, just a core site for fanatics to support their "favorite group" right at the source.

As for the second point you raise, I'm sure you know the answer by now. I'm not sure why the leak decided to do it, especially combined with the fact that they decided to stay anonymous. You'd think they'd at least attempt to gain credit for single-handedly ruining the chances of hundreds of potential members. At any rate, I doubt this is the end of it. The tracker's "community"/member-base isn't anywhere near the size/caliber one would expect to help a tracker stay afloat. Especially for highly prolific release groups. I'm expecting another surge of invites, which will only make things worse. Let's hope the staff have a plan, or this could get even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post
    http://91.121.175.108/ if they change domain.
    They changed even that.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    But that shows what people really feel about and want to express dosent it?Instead of everyone being all lovey dovey to each other while not expressing their true intentions or thoughts is what I call shite.
    your sense makes no logic
    I am saying some people dosent have the balls to say FUCKYOU face to face but they have no problems when saying the same in an internet forum

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Just use the word "facade" next time, Aby.
    Ellipses go here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    I'm not being miserable. I'm just expressing my honest opinion, and also pointing out his error.

I've always hated those type of brand new "super secret elite" sites that are hungry for members, yet expect that nobody is going to talk about them. It's just plain idiocy. Then, to join a forum and announce that you don't want the url of your site mentioned there because it has shit members and then act surprised that you're not treated with respect... how dumb is that?
    From my understanding they didn't start off wanting to be a "super secret site". That was a result of them just stating they don't want the url public right now, and someone turned it around and made the hasty generalization that they want to be a uber secret elite site. I never saw them hungry for members? They stated they might do open signups in the future, and also stated they are still setting up and getting bugs out and such. I mean, say I started my own tracker - regardless if I was trying to be super secret or if I was just wanting to start one out normal, I wouldn't want the url posted here either way. We ALL know how many traders and ill-mannered people roam these forums, and would prefer those people not join. So to play it safe, you just gotta not mention the url.

I'm not trying to make anyone mad, or call the keyboard warriors out to war. I just think people sometimes take things too serious around here and some people reply to a post with a different direction than the original post was meant for. In my opinion I never saw anything to take offense to as being a member of this forum. Like I said, that was my opinion, and only mine - so please no one think I am trying to speak for everyone here.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    I'm not being miserable. I'm just expressing my honest opinion, and also pointing out his error.

I've always hated those type of brand new "super secret elite" sites that are hungry for members, yet expect that nobody is going to talk about them. It's just plain idiocy. Then, to join a forum and announce that you don't want the url of your site mentioned there because it has shit members and then act surprised that you're not treated with respect... how dumb is that?
    From my understanding they didn't start off wanting to be a "super secret site". That was a result of them just stating they don't want the url public right now, and someone turned it around and made the hasty generalization that they want to be a uber secret elite site. I never saw them hungry for members? They stated they might do open signups in the future, and also stated they are still setting up and getting bugs out and such. I mean, say I started my own tracker - regardless if I was trying to be super secret or if I was just wanting to start one out normal, I wouldn't want the url posted here either way. We ALL know how many traders and ill-mannered people roam these forums, and would prefer those people not join. So to play it safe, you just gotta not mention the url.

I'm not trying to make anyone mad, or call the keyboard warriors out to war. I just think people sometimes take things too serious around here and some people reply to a post with a different direction than the original post was meant for. In my opinion I never saw anything to take offense to as being a member of this forum. Like I said, that was my opinion, and only mine - so please no one think I am trying to speak for everyone here.
    If they were trying to keep all the ill-mannered traders from FST out of their tracker they sure went about it the wrong way. Just like with any site, once the word is out it's out and the more closed-off a site is the more people want to see what they are missing. They a doing a pretty good job of building hype with their posts in this thread, and changing their URL several times doesn't hurt either. What's the point though if their releases are going to end up at better semi-open trackers anyways. Personally I've seen way too many l33t trackers come and go to really care anymore, what movies will they encode that you can't already find using a handful of torrent sites, rapidshare, megaupload, usenet, and emule. If you want quality rips you got that with AFR or HD, plenty of sites have been dealing in those fine quality releases for years already.

If i was offered an invite or if they had an open signup, i would check it out like a lot of people would to see if the place is any good or has potential. I hope they don't keep the signups too closed or the invites too hard to get for their own sake, it will only lower their overall activity level and raise their trade level. It's also a little unusual to see a scene group starting a tracker, don't sceners say in all their nfo's that they generally hate p2p and banish any members who are found to be dealing with the evil trackers. Despite this, it has been shown at sites like HDbits that p2p encoders can do it better and top sites can survive to an extent off of their own groups.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    If they were trying to keep all the ill-mannered traders from FST out of their tracker they sure went about it the wrong way. Just like with any site, once the word is out it's out and the more closed-off a site is the more people want to see what they are missing. They a doing a pretty good job of building hype with their posts in this thread, and changing their URL several times doesn't hurt either. What's the point though if their releases are going to end up at better semi-open trackers anyways. Personally I've seen way too many l33t trackers come and go to really care anymore, what movies will they encode that you can't already find using a handful of torrent sites, rapidshare, megaupload, usenet, and emule. If you want quality rips you got that with AFR or HD, plenty of sites have been dealing in those fine quality releases for years already.

If i was offered an invite or if they had an open signup, i would check it out like a lot of people would to see if the place is any good or has potential. I hope they don't keep the signups too closed or the invites too hard to get for their own sake, it will only lower their overall activity level and raise their trade level. It's also a little unusual to see a scene group starting a tracker, don't sceners say in all their nfo's that they generally hate p2p and banish any members who are found to be dealing with the evil trackers. Despite this, it has been shown at sites like HDbits that p2p encoders can do it better and top sites can survive to an extent off of their own groups.
    The point of them having a tracker has been mentioned multiple times. It's also a collaborated effort, not a single group putting forth all the work. None of the groups involved are Scene, either, and AFR rips aren't quality based, as much as they are size regulation handy.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post

The point of them having a tracker has been mentioned multiple times. It's also a collaborated effort, not a single group putting forth all the work. None of the groups involved are Scene, either, and AFR rips aren't quality based, as much as they are size regulation handy.
    All trackers are a collaborated effort in a way, since many scene groups and in-house rippers contribute to the number of torrents that are on the tracker. If they are going to release exclusively to their tracker, which I don't see happening since there will always be one leaker looking to get upload credit at other topsites, then I could see the great benefit of it. Will they get cooperation from more than a couple scene groups? Technically they will be considered a tracker and that word in their community is considered as bad the word "trader" in this community.

And I'm not an AFR expert by any means, but I certainly like how the releases spread by groups like ShitBusters and their friends look.
    Last edited by gamesover; 09-13-2010 at 07:35 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    I agree that although the principle behind why they wanted to keep it exclusive was good, it was executed in poor fashion with many people chirping in clues for us all to see. It's only a matter of time before some of the more experienced people find all the clues.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast