Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closing trade threads

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Once again not doubt a pointless appeal but if someone wants to create a thread only to then immediately close it (for whatever real or imagined reason) then I think that they should be doing it in someplace other than what is allegedly still a forum.

If they are inflicted with spam then that is what the Report button and the Mods ( errr Mod) are there for.

Please feel free to dispute this assertion with any statements that make sense.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    My initial reaction was going to be to tell you to just ignore that shit like most of the rest of us, but yeah, you've got a point. If this is a forum, then what benefit is it to have a bunch of threads where no discussion or interaction can take place?
    Last edited by P2PDog; 09-12-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    I was more or less serious with a previous post on a similar thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Let's see this through a trader's viewpoint:
    Why leave the thread open so that people criticize your activities (i.e. searches for "high-level" stuff, buffered accounts, etc., or the mere fact you're trading to get from X to Y) or generally spam your thread, when you can close it and keep it visible by bumping it regularly?
    You're right with your "this is a forum" comment, but that section supposedly exists to trade invites, not to chat. In the end, we can always PM the thread starter if we wish to tell him something, or use the report button if we think a Mod should have a closer look.

That's just me, though...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    There are going to be some changes in the trade section, nothing radically different though.

I would agree with removing the user's privilege to close their own threads at that section, if there wasn't a lot of quite abusive spam lately.

In my opinion, if it were to happen, then a very strict moderation would have to take place at those threads, something most members aren't used to at FST.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    There are going to be some changes in the trade section, nothing radically different though.

I would agree with removing the user's privilege to close their own threads at that section, if there wasn't a lot of quite abusive spam lately.

In my opinion, if it were to happen, then a very strict moderation would have to take place at those threads, something most members aren't used to at FST.
    Then while liberties are being stripped, you might feel the need to assert mutual exclusivity to trading or giveaway activities.
    Idol has gripes with the pertinence of forum etiquette, mine is with the trading ordeal itself. It makes no sense for a trader to endanger members who know no better, put their reputations at stake of being labeled a traders etc. simply for the sake of reputation points.

Either change what reputation points stand for/signify, or have it clear as night and day that while trading is accepted and will not be prohibited (based on what the forum mods/staff have agreed upon), it also stands to reason that no one should be baited/used for some moron to get achieve their ends. Technically this will only hurt serial/incessant traders, and do nothing to the ones who legitimately hunt down that one invite then sod off.
    Ellipses go here.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I've always thought there should be some sort of disclaimer when entering the section as a new member, or perhaps a stickied thread. Something along the lines of "Warning: Trading can result in you losing your torrenting accounts". Might help the folks that supposedly don't know any better before it's too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Except, I don't actually care about people who aren't willing to educate themselves on a deed before carrying it out. I'm more concerned about the folk that get into the giveaway section, apply, receive an invite; suddenly, three days later they're disabled for suspicion of trading on a multitude of trackers. It's through no fault of their own that they adhered to the rules but due to the luck of the draw were invited by a senseless monkey hunting for meaningless accolades.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 09-13-2010 at 05:05 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well if you could put a giant rubber stamp that says "DOUCHEBAG" on their account, somehow barring them from the giveaway section, it'd be pretty amusing. But until you get people to publicly declare themselves as traders here (yeah... right), that'll always continue to happen. I wouldn't trust taking an invite from half the regulars here, let alone some random person doing a giveaway as a clear rep grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'm with idol ... closing the threads is way too simple ... there have been countless accounts when I could have posted something epic and really interesting in a trader's post, if it weren't closed.
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I'm with idol ... closing the threads is way too simple ... there have been countless accounts when I could have posted something epic and really interesting in a trader's post, if it weren't closed.
    Fact is most of the long-standing members are here purely for the entertainment.
    I think there should be concessions made to anyone with 1,942 or more posts that they can circumvent any un-Democratic Fascist closings and post whether they want.

In fact I think we should vote on it.
    OK show of hands .Fine .Passed then .Now someone get to codeine or whatever it's is you allegedly do around here.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-13-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast